Sunday, November 4, 2012

American Apparel ~ Neon Violet - with holo hearts

American Apparel ~ Neon Violet  
Neon violet :D

The neon polish has been sitting in my stash for so long that I’ve forgotten where I got it from. I only have this one bottle, so my guess is that I bought it in a blog sale. It’s amazing what beautiful polishes people get rid of.

The formula of this polish was great. The brush is a little thin for my likings though, and because the polish dries up so fast, you have to be prepared to work fast. I did alright though (in all modesty). The polish dries up semi-matte. Here’s what two coats look like, without top coat:


It’s pretty, eh?
 
I gazed at it for quite a long time before I decided what to do with it. I went for something really simple, just to try it out. I used Flormar’s 392, which is a holographic glitter, and drew little hearts on each nail with my dotting tool. When that was dry I applied a coat of Seche Vite top coat, and the mani was done:


I freehanded the hearts, and I’m pleased with the result. I was afraid I was going to mess them all up, but I managed to only mess up one, which I saved by drawing a much bigger heart where the “mess” was :D


I love this. Simple but still noticeable. What do you think? Too simple?


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

25 comments:

  1. Var det den Flomar du købte i går? For så er du godt nok effektiv :) Super flot!!

    KH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nej, jeg var først hjemme lidt i 10 i går, og lavede absolut ingenting da jeg først var hjemme :D
      Flormar'en jeg købte i går var "kun" glitter, og ikke holo glitter, som denne her :)

      Kh.

      Delete
  2. Definitely not too simple, I absolutely love this. Great job freehanding the hearts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm pleased that you think so! :) x

      Delete
  3. Aw this is so pretty! Your hearts are perfect as well :) I've tried doing dotting tool hearts loads of times, and they always end up being a mixture of funny shapes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)
      I saw a tutorial on it on Youtube somewhere, that made it look really easy, and it worked! Yay!

      Delete
  4. That purple has my name on it - you know the address, I'll go to the mail box tomorrow and wait...!!!
    I love the little hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm out of bubbly envelopes, I'm so sorry :/
      But! You get to enjoy how pretty it is on my nails instead :D

      Delete
  5. It reminds me of butter LONDON Brummie! Wonder how close they are? I love the glitter hearts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I haven't got any Butter Londons yet, so I don't know. But I like comparisons! :) Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you - I am very pleased with them myself :)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous violet, so clear and bright! And the hearts are very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was quite surprised over how bright this polish actually is :)

      Delete
  8. I think it looks super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your freehanded hearts turned out real cute! And I like the contrast between the neon base and the holo hearts. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was so pleased with the hearts myself! :)

      Delete
  10. Holo hearts. Awwwww.... And of course, the purple won me over.

    ReplyDelete