Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ja-De ~ 210 brushed with Ja-De 225


Ja-De ~ 210 and 225  
Dusty purple/brown duochrome and Purple with golden shimmer

I’m working my way through many great polishes from Anastasia of Little World of Coloured Nails. These two Ja-De polishes forced me out of my comfort zone – one of them has brown in it and the other one has golden – none of which are my strong sides. But never mind – that’s one of the things I love about swapping. It’s cool to try something else once in a while.

I started out with two coats of #210. The formula is great, the polish applies easily and drying time is OK, also on the second coat. The duochrome isn’t prominent; in fact the polish flashes mostly purple – which isn’t a bad thing in my book :)

Here’s a pic of two coats, no top coat: 




And from another angle:



Then I took my fan brush, which I’ve only ever used once before. I brushed a thin layer of #225 over approximately half the nail. And behold – I like it! I applied a layer of Seche Vite, and my mani was done:

  
These two polishes compliment each other perfectly, and they definitely not going to end up sitting unnoticed in my stash.


What do you think? Do you like this combo?


Ja-De ~ 210
Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10
Buy again: No

12 comments:

  1. I love the result - colors a bit dusty looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think? I challenge myself to get used to them on me :)

      Delete
  2. I love the combo! The purple and the glitter go so well together. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Maybe I need to get me a fan brush...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine in a set of brushes, and it took me a while to figure out what to use it for :)

      Delete
  4. I always wondered what to do with my fan brush-of course, I don't use any of my brushes so who am I kidding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to google some ideas first time I used it. I don't use my other brushes much either.

      Delete
  5. Uhh i really like this combination :-)

    Where do you buy Jade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I got these from a dear friend in Russia.

      Delete