Friday, November 9, 2012

Make Up Store ~ Charmaine


Make Up Store ~ Charmaine  
Teal with a vague scattered holo

I don’t buy Make Up Store polishes very often. I think they are really good quality but they are also a bit on the pricey side. But when I laid my eyes on Charmaine I just knew I had to buy her. She’s a scattered holo that isn’tt very prominent. Make Up Store calls her a shimmer, which I don’t think she is. But she’s pretty nonetheless! And she’s opaque – a true one coater!

The formula is great. The polish glides on like butter and the brush leaves no bald spots or brush strokes. It’s a fantastic polish!

Here’s one coat – no top coat:




And from another angle:


Isn’t it just gorgeous!? Looking in the rear view mirror I should have kept it like this. But there’s something about one coloured nails that just doesn’t appeal to me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s okay on others. I just can’t leave it like that.

I was indecisive though – what to do with it? So I took Gosh Holograpic Hero, and sponged it on the tips. I don’t know why I did that. The sun wasn’t out, so I should have known that I couldn’t pull out a rainbow pic for you girls.

Here’s how it looked anyway, still no top coat:


I think it’s a bit boring. So I added glittah! :D I dapped on one coat of Kleancolor’s “Afternoon Picnic”, and then topped it all with one coat of Poshé top coat. And here’s the final result:


I’m not at all happy with this, but life’s like that sometimes. It’s not the first time I feel a Kleancolor glitter has let me down. Please tell me what you think of this, and be honest with me. :)


Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

21 comments:

  1. STUNNING!!! I love that you did a gradient with Hero, another stunning polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'm very pleased you like it!

      Delete
  2. Nice post dear :)

    Join Estée Lauder Goveaway on my blog :)

    http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/2012/11/giveaway-v.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit I like'd it better before the glitter, that gradient is fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glitter has now found a better home :) It's the second time it let me down :D

      Delete
  4. I can see calling the blue a shimmer--companies don't get into all the fine gradations of finish we lacquerheads do. :) I'm usually all for glitter, but in this case, I think the mani looked better without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you - even though I hate saying that about a glitter!

      Delete
  5. i love holographs! i really liked the look when you added on a little silver gradient!
    love you blog!
    following you now!
    would love if you checked out my blog sometime and followed if you liked!
    <3
    nailvarnishvixen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love the chunky glitters on top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three steps are gorgeous! My favorite is probably the first one with just the base color. That is one beautiful teal! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing polish for sure. I'm so glad I decided to enrol it in my stash! :)

      Delete
  8. oh so gorgeous! love the gradient! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woooha, glitterfest - looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the final mani!

    ReplyDelete