Friday, November 2, 2012

Quo by Orly ~ Celestial Star


Quo by Orly ~ Celestial Star  
Dark blue/purple shimmery duochrome

Quo by Orly polishes are only available in Canada, and that’s a shame because they’re really beautiful. I received mine in a swap, and I love the ones I’ve got. Celestial Star is the first one I’ve tried on. It’s a deep blue/purple duochrome with tons of shimmer in it. I was excited to find out if the beauty would transfer onto the nails.

First coat was streaky and weird, and drying time was rather slow. I applied a second coat, and that helped. Drying time was on the very slow and very boring side, but I managed to sit through it without denting the mani. The beauty definitely transfers onto the nail. The main colour is blue, and the purple flashes nicely as I twist and turn my fingers.

Here it is in all its glory; two coats, no top coat:


And from another angle:



I wanted to add some stars to the Celestial Star. Cheeky stamping plate CH4 has an all nail design with stars, and I used Konad’s white stamping polish for the design. And here’s the final result:




And from another angle – isn’t it just a fabulous polish? I love it!


Here’s a close up of the bottle. It depends on the light whether the polish flashes more blue or purple. But I love both colours, so I’m good with either of the two.


I’m in love with this colour, and I can’t wait to try my other Quo by Orly polishes on. Is it a brand you’re familiar with?


Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 6/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7.25/10
Buy again: Yes

16 comments:

  1. Shame about the dry time, but it is a gorgeous blue! Love the stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought the stamp was perfect for the polish. Stars on a star :)

      Delete
  2. oh this is gorg, it's almost worth the slow drying time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm willing to sit through the drying time for this. Problem is that it's very difficult for me :D

      Delete
  3. Ooh what a beautiful blue/purple! I can see why you love it! The stars are cute too! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, there are just some polishes that does it for me, and this one is one of them :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous color! Looks amazing with stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaaahhhhhh Celestial Star is sooo gorgeous, and the stars are a great addition!
    And YAY your blog is back on my dash board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! That almost deserves a little snoopy dance! :D

      Delete
  6. Oh this is such a pretty polish!

    ReplyDelete