Sunday, November 11, 2012

W.I.P. by Urban Outfitters ~ Galaxy


W.I.P. by Urban Outfitters ~ Galaxy  
Dark burgundy/purple/golden shimmery multichrome

When I started this mani, I wasn’t quite sure what it would end out like. I think that was a mistake, but I’ll get back to that.

The formula is OK, and applies pretty easily. It’s one of these polishes where the first coat looks like a mess, and it makes you sure that you need at least five more coats to make it look good. But the second coat is very forgiving, and smooths out all the bald and uneven spots.

Here’s two coats, no top coat:



It’s a very shimmery polish, and the multichrome is definitely not shy:



 And here’s where I should have stopped, but no! I wanted to stamp on it, and I chose a full nail design stamp and did two nails with white stamping polish. It looked absolutely horrible, so I didn’t take a pic of that. Instead I picked a glitter, because “if everything else fails, use glitter!” I chose NYX Girl’s “Spot Light”, which is a clear base with silver glitter and larger holographic hexagons.

I applied one coat over Galaxy, and here’s what I chose to be my final mani:


I was so unhappy with this, that I removed it right after having taken this pic. I prefer wearing my manis at least a day, so I thought it was a shame, but I don’t want to go around hating my mani for an entire day, LOL!

This was my first W.I.P. polish by the way. I have two more to show you later :)


Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: No

14 comments:

  1. Both polishes are gorgeous - maybe not together LOL. I'm sure you fin other interesting ways to use them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall do my best, that's for sure :) Thank you anyway, I'm pleased you like them.

      Delete
  2. I'm seriously loving that first W.I.P polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie. And it's good to see you again! x

      Delete
  4. Lovely polish, and I agree, it was better before the glitter because then you could really see the colors of the polish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And I promise that I do learn from my fails! :D

      Delete
  5. Galaxy is such an amazing polish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. That WIP remind me of Models own pinky brown from the beetlejuice collection :-)
      Amazing color :-)

      Delete
    2. I've actually got that, but never got around to trying it on because it looks too brown for me :D

      Delete