Thursday, November 22, 2012

Golden Rose Matte Velvet ~ 107


Golden Rose Matte Velvet ~ 107
Deep reddish purple with shimmer and a silky finish

This post features the last Golden Rose Matte Velvet polish I received in the previous swap with lovely Aylin from Posh Nail Art, namely the purple one.

This polish is just as impressive as the two others I’ve tried – the green and the red. You can see them by clicking here and here. The formula is perfect, the pigmentation is great - I simply can’t come up with anything bad about this polish.

Here is a pic of two coats – no top coat.


I’m totally in love with this. I think it’s amazing that you can make a semi matte polish that actually has shimmer in it!


Then I tried something that’s new to me: Double stamping! First I stamped the design that looks like a gradient from Bundlemonster’s plate BM-301, and I used Sally Hansen InstaDri “Whirlwind White” as my stamping polish. I didn’t take a pic of that step.

I went directly to stamping number two. I used stamping plate DRK-A, and the same Golden Rose polish that I also used as my base colour. The design is an all nail design with hearts in a lattice, but since I stamped with the same colour as my base, it only shows up in the white.

I topped it with a generous coat of Poshé top coat, and my mani was done: 


And here is a pic from another angle.


I love this! I *have* to try this technique with other colours and other designs. What do you say – isn’t this cool?


Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 10/10
Buy again: Yes

15 comments:

  1. I like the combination of stamping designs! this hearts look so pretty on the white net :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I must admit that I was quite pleased with it myself :)

      Delete
  2. Aww, the matte version is amazing - great mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that makes me happy to read :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I never used that plate. Looks lovely, I should try it, too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. I would love to see you do it too :)

      Delete
  4. I think revlon also has a matte with shimmer emerald city I think is the name. This one is also gorgeous . Cute nail design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matte and shimmer together is an amazing combo, I think! I think I've got a red Revlon that does the same, so I bet you're right about the Emerald City :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a cool effect! I love the double stamping! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete