Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Colors by Llarowe meets Dance Legend’s Spot It



Colors by Llarowe meets Dance Legend’s Spot It
-      In a stamped marble mani

I am always intrigued when new types of polishes show up on the market. Spot It is Dance Legend’s fairly new line of polishes. They’re supposed to be acting a bit like crackles – just with bubbles (or spots) instead. I have bought two of them, a red and a white. I have already tried the white but I didn’t quite get the desired effect: Check this post out to see how that experiment went. Back then I tried “Spot It” on tacky polish but I have now seen videos where the effect show up when you apply it to wet polish so that’s what I tried today.

I used three polishes: Colors by Llarowe “Living on Borrowed Time” and “Healing Waters” and of course Dance Legend “Spot it 02 White”. I made a few drips of each polish on my silicone mat, drew a few lines in the polish with a thin dotting tool, dipped my stamper in the mix and transferred it onto my nails.

Did it work? Not really. I mean, the colours work really well together but I didn’t get the desired bubbly effect on my nails. I had a bit of the effect on the mat so the polish works, but it doesn’t really count when it’s not on the nails :D

Here’s the final mani including a layer of topcoat. I am holding Healing Waters on this picture.


I really like the mix of colours. I’m holding Living on Borrowed Time on this picture.


Here are the three polishes I used.


I am not giving up. I want to make Spot It work. I just need to play with it more. Any tips will be highly appreciated, thank you.

12 comments:

  1. It looks pretty but of course it's a shame you didn't get the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I soooo want those bubbles but I don't know how to get them! :D

      Delete
  2. Oh I can see a galaxy on your nails! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bubble effect did not came out, but the colors go perfectly together and create a glaxy nail art !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I like it but I don't understand where my bubbles are :D

      Delete
  4. Omg!
    Que combinação mais linda.
    Esse azul é perfeito.

    Bjim...
    >>blog Usei Hoje<<
    >>Instagram<<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen Anna Gorelova's video with this polish? Maybe this description will be helpful:
    'All these top coats only work over a freshly applied, still wet polish. I recommend applying them immediately after base colour in random strokes, using the same technique as with crackle polishes – you don’t need to try and cover the nail evenly. The top coat spreads over the base colour within several seconds, giving you some time to add a couple of strokes if necessary.'
    Here's a link to the swatches and video: http://nails.annagorelova.com/dance-legend-spot-it-collection/

    ReplyDelete