Thursday, May 25, 2017

Layla ~ Ceramic Effect CE44



Layla ~ Ceramic Effect CE44
Deep pink packed with silver shimmer

I simply couldn’t decide which colour I wanted on my nails today so I asked my boyfriend for advice. He is highly supportive of my crazy polish hobby and I appreciate that. He chose pink so I dived into the box of untrieds which has just be filled up with polishes I bought on my vacation in Italy. I picked a Layla polish, CE44. It’s a lovely deep pink and the bottle is packed with silver shimmer, so much that the polish almost looks metallic.

The formula is great and you can easily get away with one coat. I used two coats for my mani but trust me when I say that the second coat didn’t make any difference whatsoever. The drying time is really good too.

I stamped on it. The motif is from Chez Delaney’s stamping plate “Rectangles A005” and I stamped with a black stamping polish from El Corazón. I filled out some of the circles with green, for which I used Colour Alike’s “B. a Fairy Forest” - and silver, for which I used Colors by Llarowe’s “Sparkling Diamonds”.

This is the final mani including topcoat:

Layla ~ Ceramic Effect CE44

Layla ~ Ceramic Effect CE44


I must admit that I am really annoyed with my stamping plates from Chez Delaney. The motifs are really cool and I bought quite a lot of her plates. I find it a problem that I have only got one stamper that the plates actually like, and that’s a soft marshmallow stamper from Moyou London. It irritates me that I can’t use any stamper I want, especially because I love using my clear stampers so I know exactly where the stamp is going. For that fact alone I can’t recommend the plates from Chez Delaney.

Anyway, let me show you Layla’s CE44 on its own. This is two really easy coats and no topcoat.

Layla ~ Ceramic Effect CE44

Layla ~ Ceramic Effect CE44


Looked how packed it is with shimmer! I absolutely love this polish.

Here are the four polishes I used for my mani.


I wasn’t hugely excited about this mani. I should have left the pink alone :D

Number of coats: 2 but it’s a one coater
Drying time: Good
Finish: Heavy shimmer
Overall impression: Great formula, easy to work with, I love the shimmer
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie! I like the manicure a lot! Also the Layla alone is pretty! Hope you enjoyed visiting Italy!
    Smuack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved Italy. I'll definitely go back :) Mmwah! <3

      Delete
  2. He definitely chose the right polish for you. Love the shade and the nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a pretty Layla! I love such ones and they go well with greens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard to pick which polishes I needed to buy, there were so many beauties. I'm glad I picked this one :)

      Delete