Wednesday, January 17, 2018

China Glaze ~ Queen of Sequins



China Glaze ~ Queen of Sequins
Midnight dark purple with shimmer

China Glaze’s holiday collection 2017 is called Glam Finale and it’s a collection of 12 different polishes. I bought three of them and when they arrived I wished I only bought two! Queen of Sequins is dark purple – way too dark for me, but there weren’t any swatches out when I ordered it, and the shops’ photos showed a way lighter purple than the polish I received. Bugger!

Anyway! I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time was pretty good.

I stamped with a lighter holographic pink to brighten it all up a bit. I used Color Club’s “What’s Your Sign”, and the design is from the stamping plate XY-B04, a huge acrylic stamping plate from Aliexpress.

This is my final manicure photographed with flash.

China Glaze Queen of Sequins

This is the same thing in the lightbox.

China Glaze Queen of Sequins

And here’s “Queen of Sequins” on its own.

China Glaze Queen of Sequins

These are the two polishes I used.


“Queen of Sequins” doesn’t quite live up to my expectations so I’m going to find a better home for her soon.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Pretty good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: The shimmer is really nice but the polish is too dark for me
Buy again: No

4 comments: