Saturday, January 20, 2018

Gradient sponge tool from BeautyBigBang



Gradient sponge tool from BeautyBigBang

Today I’m going to show you a sponging tool that's pretty cool for nail art. 

The tool looks like this:


I wasn’t really in the mood for a gradient so I did something else. I used the tool to sponge an effect polish down the middle of a manicure. I poured out a bit of polish on a piece of plastic (the middle of a nail wheel, actually) and then dipped the tool in the polish before I transferred it onto the middle of my nails. It was really easy and pretty precise too. I didn’t mask my cuticles before I sponged and I managed to keep the shimmer and glitter on the nails.

Here’s what it all ended up looking like.


I also make a metallic stripe down the middle. I really liked the effect that gave.


This is what the sponge looked like after my work.


I cleaned the sponge tool up with nail polish remover before I took this last picture. I do believe it’s possible to buy refill sponge heads but it is possible to clean them and reuse them, so they’re not one time only.

Polishes I used:
Sally Hansen: Fairy Teal, Kiko Candy Split #002, Models Own: Chrome Green

10 comments:

  1. It gave your manicure a pretty effect for sure! I hope you feel up to a gradient in the future 'cause I would love to see how it works out!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mani :) I believe that this tool would be better than kitchen sponge I usually use ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes maybe. But your kitchen sponge has room for more than one colour polish on it :D

      Delete
  3. Nice manicure! I'm actually curious about that sponge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So interesting! It looks like a great product!

    ReplyDelete