Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Colores de Carol ~ Gemma



Colores de Carol ~ Gemma
Described by the maker as a light violet linear holographic with violet shimmer to it and micro silver holo hex glitter

Gemma is from Spring 2016 and is an example of how the description doesn’t quite match what I actually see in real life. My bottle of Gemma is purple and I might be blind but I don’t see any glitter in it at all. I don’t mind that it is purple and there are enough rainbows in the bottle to make up for the lack of glitter :D

The formula is on the thin and sheer side. I did manage to make it cover in two coats but it was a challenge. If you have bigger and/or longer nails than I have you might need three coats for full opacity.
The drying time was good.

I found my dotty design on Lina’s stamping plate “Feeling Shaply! 02”. The red stamping polish is from El Corazón and is called “First Kiss”. The silver holo is from Superchic Lacquer and is called “Bubbly Freeze”. I stamped it all in one go.

This is the end result including topcoat.

Colores de Carol Gemma


Here’s the same thing in ordinary daylight.

Colores de Carol Gemma

Here’s Gemma alone; two coats and no topcoat. She’s got lovely rainbows.

Colores de Carol Gemma

This is the stuff I used.


I like Gemma but I was surprised over her sheerness. I am glad I made her cover in two coats.


Number of coats: 2, and 3 if you’ve got longer/bigger nails than me
Drying time: Pretty good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: I like the rainbows. The sheerness and thinness not so much.
Buy again: Not quite sure to be honest.

9 comments: