Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Colors by Llarowe ~ Fall In Love with Chicago



Colors by Llarowe ~ Fall In Love with Chicago
Described as: Purple based multi chrome that shifts from purple to red to gold with copper flake and a touch of holo for sparkle

Fall In Love with Chicago is a polish that Colors by Llarowe made for the Polish Con in Chicago in September 2016. I have already shown you another polish from that event with a similar name: Fall in Love from Ever After. Click on the link to be taken to that post.

The formula is really good and a dread to work with. Two coats is what it took to achieve full opacity. The drying time was good, no worries there.

This is two coats and no topcoat taken with flash. It’s a lovely purple shimmer.


This picture is taken in daylight, no flash and no sun. The polish shows its purple and red side here.


I wasn’t impressed with the amount of the [quote] touch of holo for sparkle [unquote], so I added a layer of Out the Door’s holo glitter topcoat called Northern Lights. And after that I stamped on it – which ended up being a mistake. I wanted to stamp orange circles on it and found a good motif on stamping plate Rectangles A005 from Delaney. I stamped with an orange stamping polish from Bornprettystore and that’s where I made my mistake. I didn’t know that it didn’t work very well over dark colours. Dag, as they say, Nabbit.

I stamped the orange alone on my pinkie but I didn’t like the look of it. I tried to experiment a bit by double stamping with white first and then the orange, but I still didn’t like it. So, yeah – nah.

I’m going to show it to you anyway because I promised also to post my fail manis, haha. Here it is, including a layer of topcoat.


Here are the three polishes I used.


Fall In Love is sold out now as far as I know and since it was limited edition it’s no longer available.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Duochromatic shimmer
Overall impression: Good quality, nice Autumn polish. I wanted more holo effect, but I’m greedy in that respect
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a beauty, gorgeous polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this looks absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous and I really like it in the second photo! Nice final mani too :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like how the second photo came out too :)

      Delete
  4. I actually love your end result! The polish is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete