Sunday, June 5, 2016

Kalyon ~ #221 and Golden Rose Jolly Jewels ~ #105



Kalyon ~ #221 and Golden Rose Jolly Jewels ~ #105
Purples

I’m still rummaging around in one of the oldest boxes on untrieds. Today’s polishes are both from Turkey, and it was my dear friend Aylin that send them to me in a swap. They have been sitting in the box for two different reasons – I’ll get back to that.

First I applied two coats of Kalyon #221. It’s a lovely reddish purple crème; easy to work with and it dries fast. The only reason it has been sitting for ages in the box is because it’s a crème. It’s silly really because crème polishes can be really beautiful too. Allow me to prove my point: here is two coats and no topcoat:


Shiny and squishy, don’t you think? I really like this polish!

Then I applied a layer of Golden Rose’s #105 from the glittery Jolly Jewels collection. The only reason that one sat in the box for that long is because I didn’t know what to pair it with. I didn’t really realize that it isn’t a topper. You can tell by how much is covers up of the original base colour. The purple in #105 is way more lavender, and it covers up almost all red-ness of the Kalyon polish.

So, this is one coat of glitter plus a layer of Models Own’s Gel Effect topcoat.


I really like purple and green together so this is a great mix of glitter for me.


That’s it. From Turkey with love


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Crème / crelly with glitter
Overall impression: Really great polishes both of them
Buy again: I would

6 comments: