Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Orly ~ Feel the Funk



Orly ~ Feel the Funk
Lilac shimmer with holographic microglitter

Feel the Funk is from the Spring 2016 Melrose collection. There are six polishes in the collection: A pink shimmer, a pink with flecks, two green cremes and a magenta crème, and then this lilac shimmer with microglitter. I’m sure you’re not surprised that I only bought this one from the collection. Spring collections are often full of crèmes and pastels, and they don’t suit my nails very well.

Back to Feel the Funk. I applied two easy coats for desired opacity and the drying time was good. The colour is a pleasant, but in all honesty: Not quite my tone. I do really like the hologlitter in it though.

Here it is: Two coats and no topcoat.

Orly ~ Feel the Funk
Orly ~ Feel the Funk

This is taken in ordinary daylight. The sun was hiding behind a huge cloud, and the holo goodness still does its magic.

Orly ~ Feel the Funk
Orly ~ Feel the Funk

I stamped on it to make it a bit bolder. Unfortunately I didn’t pick quite the right stamping polish. I chose “Blue Neon” from El Corazón’s line of stamping polishes. The paisley motif is from Marianne-Nails No. 119.

Here’s the final mani, including a layer of Poshé topcoat:

Orly ~ Feel the Funk
Orly ~ Feel the Funk

One last shot.

Orly ~ Feel the Funk
Orly ~ Feel the Funk

I wish I had picked a darker blue for the purpose, but I ended up quite liking this.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer with holo microglitter
Overall impression: Funky polish. Not quite my colour, but I like it nonetheless
Buy again: Yes

6 comments: