Monday, June 13, 2016

Marc Jacobs ~ Blue Velvet



Marc Jacobs ~ Blue Velvet
Deep blue shimmer

I bought two Marc Jacobs polishes recently. I usually don’t look at polishes that cost as much as Marc Jacobs’, but I have been looking at them for a looong while, and I suddenly got some unexpected money and decided to buy them. Today I’m going to show you the first one: Blue Velvet.

The formula is amazing and the polish actually glides on like velvet. I was opaque after the first coat! I applied a second coat to see if it enhanced the depth but I honestly couldn’t see a difference. The drying time is good too!

Here’s two coats and no topcoat taken in ordinary daylight:


Isn’t that pretty? I decided to pair it with one of Color by Llarowe’s stamping polishes: Sparkling Diamonds. I found a nice motif on BP-L 004.

This is the final result, including a layer of Poshé topcoat, taken in daylight:


This picture is taken with flash to show off the holographic goodness in Sparkling Diamonds.


I am glad I decided to buy this. The quality is really good and sometimes it’s nice to buy yourself a little treat, isn’t it :D
   
Number of coats: 2 – but 1 would have been enough
Drying time: Very good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: Amazing quality polish, so easy to work with and well covering
Buy again: Yes

9 comments:

  1. It is amazing, and the final result with the stamping is just - WOW, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that pleases me a lot to hear :)

      Delete
  2. I like it a lot with the stamping, it looks like a jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, the stamping really did something special to it :)

      Delete
  3. I love Marc Jacobs polishes ...there formula is really good

    --Sony
    https://nailscontext.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete