Saturday, January 23, 2016

Chevron tape from BornPrettyStore



Chevron tape from BornPrettyStore

I love chevrons! I think the ziggy zaggy design is super pretty. Unfortunately I haven’t really got it to work for myself yet. See, the thing is that my nails aren’t particularly big, and that means that chevron designs often get too big on my nails.

I had kind of given up on that design, but then I discovered chevron tape!

It looks like this:


It’s a piece of tape with a chevron cut down the middle. So what I did was to paint my nails (2 layers of ILNP’s Absolute Zero), I waited until it was completely dry, then added a layer of topcoat. When that was dry I cut two bits of tape off for each nail. I placed the two bits on the nail, leaving no space between them. With a tweezer I removed the middle bits of the tape – the chevron part. Then I painted the exposed space with a layer of Color Club’s Crystal Baller. A layer of Out the Door’s Northern Lights holo glitter topcoat and the mani was all done, and look what it ended up looking like:


I seriously love my small and thin chevrons!


This is what I used for the mani:


There are many possibilities with this tape. You can easily make several chevrons on each nail, and you can also make them vertical on the nails. Cool :) I can’t wait to play more with these!


The verdict:

Pros:
Great for smaller/shorter nails
Great for thin chevrons
Easy to work with

Cons:
None, I love them

 

14 comments:

  1. YAY, that sounds like a great product - and what a beautiful mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thrilled that I already ordered a bunch of rolls of chevron tape! :D And thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful mani, I like it a lot :) These chevron tapes can be useful for single chevrons indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love chevrons as well. Maybe I should order...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should. I don't think you would regret it :)

      Delete
  4. What a pretty result! =) I'd like to experiment with those chevrons one day =)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have created a great mani :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it too, I seriously love this tape :)

      Delete