Friday, January 22, 2016

China Glaze ~ Peppermint to Be ~ water marble



China Glaze ~ Peppermint to Be ~ water marble
Classic red with golden shimmer

Peppermint To Be is from the Cheers Collection from Christmas 2015. I bought three glitters from the collection first, but then I reconsidered and bought this lovely red shimmer as well. I’m a sucker for red shimmers so I’m not sure why I didn’t just buy it right away, but never mind. It’s in da house now!

The formula is a bit thin, but it didn’t flood my cuticles. The coverage is good too, I got rid of all visible nail line after two coats. I think that girls with longer/bigger nails than me might need three coats. The drying time is pretty good.

I simply forgot to take pictures after the first two coats. I made ready to make a water marble so I simply forgot all about photographing the basic colour. Oh well, there are so many swatches out there, I’m sure you’ll survive, haha!

Instead I made this:


I used OPI’s Angel with a Leadfoot as my white. It marbles really good, but the coverage isn’t fantastic so the white mostly got to look pink. On the top is another OPI: Yule Love this Silver, which is OPI’s take on a fairy dust.


Here’s the low light picture. 


The polishes I used:


I love that Peppermint to Be was used to make a peppermint-y watermarble.

 
Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Pretty good
Finish: Shimmer!
Overall impression: I love reds like this. Formula is a bit thin.
Buy again: Yes

16 comments:

  1. I love this candy, aehm WM on your nails :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty water marble with so many lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the marble effect you made here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous. Like candy. Haha I wanna lick your nails :-O LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this looks! It reminds me of a really pretty stone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh I'm so jealous of your water marble, I can't do it for shit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try and try and try again. My first attempts were worse than horrible! :D

      Delete
  7. Your water marbles never cease to amaze me, I wish I could get the effect myself :D

    ReplyDelete