Friday, January 1, 2016

Powder Perfect ~ Venomous Serum



Happy new year everybody!

Today I'm going to show you: 

Powder Perfect ~ Venomous Serum
Holographic blue with red microglitters and bright blue flakies

Venomous Serum is a part of Powder Perfect’s Halloween Duo for 2015. The duo is limited edition and only available from Mei Mei’s Signatures. Oh those store exclusives are killing me!

The formula is good and easy to work with. I used two coats for full opacity. The polish dries up a bit gritty because of the microglitter but a single layer of topcoat fixes that easily.

Here’s my mani taken with flash:


The topcoat also made the microglitter shine clearer. I like that.

The stickers are from a chain store here called “Tiger”, an equivalent to The 2 Dollar Store. They’re not worth the money though. They were so hard to get off the backing paper, so I ruined a lot of them before I managed to get some off in one piece.  This picture is taken in the lightbox so you can see the red microglitter and the blue flakies.

I like red and blue together.


I must admit that it’s a pleasant surprise to see a Halloween polish that isn’t purple or orange. Not that I mind neither of them, but variety is good. Tomorrow I’m going to show you the other half of the Duo, Vampire’s Chalice, and that isn’t purple or orange either :D

 
Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Holo with microglitter and flakies
Overall impression: I love the colour and the finish! Great polish.
Buy again: Yes

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous mani ! And those stickers look perfect with this blue nail polish! Happy new year ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too. I really liked the stickers too :)

      Delete
  2. This PP is gorgeous! Very interesting finish :) Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too, and yes, I love the finish too :)

      Delete
  3. I gave this a miss, now I regret, it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can see that you changed your mind, haha!! :D

      Delete
  4. That looks so pretty, it's a very interesting polish :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year. Love the red glitter in this colour:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year! I love polishes with an extra dimension like this :)

      Delete
  6. Happy new year :) I love blue holo :))) Nice colour <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this blue!!! too bad it's available only from Mei Mei's, their shipping is a killer... and I usually don't go for stickers, but these look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because you're used to cheap shipping. Here we're used to highly expensive shipping costs :(
      And thank you!! ♥

      Delete
  8. Happy new year :-D

    Gorgeous polish :-D <3

    ReplyDelete