Sunday, January 10, 2016

Colors by Llarowe ~ Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun



Colors by Llarowe ~ Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun
Purple linear holo

Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun is the other half of CbL’s Halloween duo for 2015 and the reason I bought the duo in the first place. I showed you All Jack’d Up yesterday.

The formula is good to work with and the polish covers in two easy coats. There’s one thing I need to mention though: The holo pigment is seriously heavy. It doesn’t take long before it’s all at the bottom of the bottle and it takes 10 minutes of vigorously shaking to mix it all up again. I’m not exaggerating: At least ten minutes! I seriously thought my arm was going to fall off!

It IS beautiful though. Here’s two coats and no topcoat:



Look at those rainbows! They’re amazing!


The polish is also really pretty in low lights, I love the colour.


I stamped on it. I found some motifs on Moyou London’s stamping plate Pro Collection-10 and I stamped with white.

Here’s the final mani before I topcoated it:


I really like these funky designs!


Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun is – like many of its sisters – a bleeder. That means that the stamping polish changed colour into lilac when I added topcoat. I don’t mind so much, so I just mention it for the record.

I am truly disappointed in the way the holo pigment sinks. It sinks so fast and it’s so hard to shake back together. I won't keep this polish.



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Strong linear holo
Overall impression: Great colour, mesmerizing rainbows. Not happy with the sinking pigment
Buy again: No - because of the sinking holo pigment

11 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous - and I just looked at my bottle, yes, the pigments in min also had fallen to the bottom...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame. It was enough for me not to keep it :/

      Delete
  2. Beautiful polish, wowzer, but the good looks in the bottle is not that wow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I agree. I really like the way it looked on the nails though :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful polish, wowzer, but the good looks in the bottle is not that wow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that must be one of the few CbLs that is a dud! It really sucks about the pigment cuz the color is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first CbL I encounter this kind of issues with and I have quite a few of them. It's a shame because the polish is sooooo beautiful! <3

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous holo and nice stamping :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really gorgeous, I love this purple holo <3

    ReplyDelete