Monday, January 18, 2016

Lola Star from Coney Island water marble



Lola Star from Coney Island water marble
The weirdest water marble ever!

I receive cool polishes from the states from time to time from my sweet friend Carolyn. Last time she sent me two polishes she bought on Coney Island: Wonder Teal and Sodom by the Seafoam. The name of the last one made my BF raise his eyebrows, for sure :)

They look like this (with their German sister Wild White Ways from Essence next to them):


I started out with a layer of Sodom by the Seafoam. The coverage is really good, so it basically covered in one single coat. The drying time is slow though.

I taped around my cuticles and started the marbling. The polished didn’t really want to let go of the brush even though they aren’t particularly thick. The two Lola Stars spread out fine, but as soon as I added the white Essence, the two others refused to spread. Grrr! So I tried again, this time only with the two Lola Stars. They spread fine but acted a bit funny on the water. As if they almost merged with the water instead of just laying on top of it. I made a pattern, but then everything merged together. I dipped my nails into the mix and this is what it looked like just after I pulled my fingers up again:


The polish merged together completely, leaving no trace of marble. It didn’t really dry either, but laid in little drops on the tape (as shown on the previous picture).

Look at the water! The teal has now completely dissolved itself into the water.


When it dried, the polish cracked. Take a look:


This is the weirdest water marble experience I’ve had so far. No pattern, a polish that almost dissolves in the water and that cracks when it finally dries. O_o And then there’s the white Essence that made the other polishes act like little divas!

I think this fail deserved a post anyway!

14 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that really was a weird experience :D
    I'm thinking maybe the Lola Star polishes are water based, you know like for kids..? That possibly could explain it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely was weird!
      I actually thought of that. But I washed my hands afterwards and scrubbed my nails with a brush, but that didn't remove the polish, so I don't think so.

      Delete
  2. Uppps - it doesn`t look like water marble ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh what a shame!!! The colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so interesting! I was thinking the same thing as Maria, are you sure they are not water based?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure, because it didn't go off when I washed and scrubbed my hands :)

      Delete