Thursday, January 28, 2016

Lovely ~ Summer Sand #5



Lovely ~ Summer Sand #5
Light blue texture with darker blue shimmer

Here’s a mani I made to try out a couple of polishes. The blue is #5 from Lovely’s Summer Sand collection. The formula is good and so is the coverage. I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time is okay.

The polish on my ring finger is “Stir in Sugar” from Cuccio. It’s a white jelly topper with iridescent glitter and textured effect. I thought it would be a polish that worked on its own, but after three coats it looked really weird. I topped everything with a layer of topcoat because that tends to make everything better.


The blue shimmer in #5 doesn’t make a big deal out of itself on the nails unfortunately. The textured effect isn’t very prominent, which is a good thing in my opinion :D


I actually tried the Cuccio over a dark colour and it does overwhelm the underlaying colour quite a lot, but I do like the effect of it. I’m not quite sure how to actually use that polish.

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Okay
Finish: Texture with shimmer
Overall impression: I wish the shimmer showed itself more. The colour is pleasant though
Buy again: Probably not

6 comments:

  1. It's a sweet mani - and I almost feel like being on the beach on a summer day :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have this one... It doesn't show much of the sand, I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't, it's kind of weird actually. I like the colour though :)

      Delete
  3. Really nice mani. Does look like quite a subtle texture though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes, it is. Almost not really there.

      Delete