Thursday, January 14, 2016

Lilypad Lacquer ~ Purple People Eater



Lilypad Lacquer ~ Purple People Eater
Lilac linear holo

It has been a while since I’ve shown you Lilypads on the blog. It’s not because I don’t have any but it has been a long while since I actually bought any. Lilypad’s popularity went up really fast. Usually that’s a good thing, at least for the maker, but unfortunately there was a time where the demand was too big for a small indie maker. That meant that the shop was shut for long periods of time while she created her magic and poured it into bottles. When the shop reopened it was usually for brief period of times because the demand was so high.

All that made it too complicated for me. I’m not staying awake late at night for a restock – and when it’s getting difficult to get what you want, I lose interest. It shouldn’t be hard to spend money, it should be easy! When it got too difficult I pretty much stopped buying them, and spent my money elsewhere.

Purple People Eater was bought a long while ago, back when Norway Nails still restocked the brand. It’s been sitting in the box ever since, boo.

Anyway: The formula is good and the polish covers in two coats. Drying time is good.

Two coats, no topcoat, taken with flash:


The holo is like a layer of shimmer, it’s really pretty.


This is what Purple People Eater looks like in low lights.


I stamped on it. I found a nice motif on BP-L 005 and stamped with a fake OPI called “Suzi Skies in the Pyrenees”. It’s my favourite polish for purple stamps and it’s running low. I’d hate to see the day where I run out of it :(

Here’s the final mani including a layer of topcoat:


I think the dark purple looks really great on the lighter purple.


What’s your thought on polishes that are hard to get your hands on? Do you set the alarm clock to get up at 3am in the hope you can get a restock?

 
Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: Nice rainbows. The colour needs a bit more to awe me, that’s what nail art are for :D
Buy again: No, I don't think so

14 comments:

  1. I agree, shopping should not be a matter of ninja skills :D
    I'm also not in awe over it - but I think the stamping makes it a beautiful mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really liked the final mani because of the stamping :)

      Delete
  2. It looks great with the stamping. Great purple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them and I agree, the stamping make them lovely :-)
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the purple polish and with the stamping looks elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness me this is really gorgeous :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty, I really like this purple :)

    ReplyDelete