Saturday, January 9, 2016

Colors by Llarowe ~ All Jack’d Up



Colors by Llarowe ~ All Jack’d Up
Orange scattered holo

All Jack’d Up is half of CbL’s Halloween duo for 2015. I wasn’t quite sure whether I wanted this or not, because even though my love for orange polishes has grown over the past year, I have learned that you can’t always trust the pictures that show the aforementioned orange polishes. I have often ended up with polishes that I can’t wear because they clash with my skin tone, and man, I hate that. People shouldn’t falsely enhance the colours on their mani photos – just show the damn colours as they are, not as you wished they looked in your  head!

It wasn’t an option to buy half the duo though, and I knew I wanted the other half of it, which is purple. I’ll get back to that one tomorrow! So here we go.

The formula is good and the polish is easy to work with. I used two coats for my mani and the drying time is good.

Here’s what two coats and no topcoat looks like taken with flash:


This picture is taken in low lights and shows the true nature of this polish. This is not a categorical Autumn polish, but it’s just the touch of it, argh! I can’t wear Autumn colours, they don’t look good on me. This isn’t the worst I’ve seen though but it’s not my favourite either.


I mixed it with another CbL, namely beautiful Pirates of the Penzance. I used some cheap nail vinyls and made a black dot on each nail. I topped it with El Corazón’s 421h/25 which is a holo flakie topper I just adore. Here’s my final mani – this is a flash picture:


This last picture is taken in ordinary daylight.


How do you feel about orange polishes? Yay or nay?

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Scattered holo
Overall impression: Good quality. The  holo effect could be stronger and the colour isn’t spot on for me
Buy again: No

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry I more or less convinced you to go get it - in my eyes it's not autonmnal :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it, it has now found a new home :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely combo! When it comes to the shade, I think it's not 'mine', but it's nice, no complaints :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand what you mean, I feel the same way :)

      Delete
  3. Gosh, I really hate it when bloggers alter colors too!!! I bought so many polishes that way and then ended up not liking them so much... I love orange polishes and I don't have this one wuah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it! I have also bought so many polishes that I had to put in the box of shame afterwards! :/

      Delete
  4. This shade of orange is my husband's favorite color ... I might have to track this one down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty mani! *__* it is super classy !

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a funny colour, lovely <3

    ReplyDelete