Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Born Pretty Holo stickers and water decals



Born Pretty Holo stickers and water decals

Today I want to show you a couple of things from Born Pretty Store.

The first thing up is cute nail stickers. You can find them here, and they look like this:


I don’t use nail stickers very often (insert meme here), but it’s not because I don’t like them, I just don’t generally need to. I do think it’s a cool and very easy way to spice up a polish if you’re short of time. These stickers are easy to apply – I didn’t use tweezers or anything, just my fingers, and it worked brilliantly. Take a look:


You can see that you can apply them over any colour you want, which is a huge plus.


The verdict:

Pros:
Easy nail art
Easy to apply
Cute stickers
No tools needed

Cons:
I can’t really come up with any cons, sorry

Thumbs up for cute nail stickers from me!


Next thing up was a surprise to unwrap, to be honest. I knew I was going to receive water decals. And water decals is what I got. Take a look at this picture, and tell me if you can see why I was surprised:


You can find them here btw. Could you tell why I was surprised? If not, then take a look at the OPI bottle in the picture. The decals are huge! Each decal is big enough for five nails! I actually thought that they were big enough for a camel’s toenails, haha! Amazing!

Here’s the instruction:


So I started out with two layers of polish, namely the OPI on the picture: Alpine Snow. I also applied a layer of topcoat.

Then I cut one decal from the sheet, and I also cut that one decal into five, to fit the five nails on my hand. I removed the film and put one decal into the water. Shortly after, maybe 10-15 seconds, I could remove the paper and place the decal onto my nail. I repeated that step until all the nails were done. Then I removed the access water decal from the cuticles and the skin around my nails, applied another layer of topcoat, and I was done.

I’m going to show you a couple of pictures now, but please bear in mind that this is the first time I try all nail-decals!

Here’s the result of my efforts:


And another photo:


And here’s what it looked like before I cleaned up the mess around the nails:


Tip: Remove the film before you cut the decal into nail sized pieces. It’s almost impossible to remove once they’re that small.

The verdict:

Pros:
I like the designs
Cool way to get multicoloured designs on the nails
An alternative to nail stickers

Cons:
It’s a challenge to clean up around the nails afterwards
I couldn’t get a straight edge around the nails (perhaps also my fault because it’s my first go. Decal newbie, you know!) 

16 comments:

  1. Hi, I bought too but another designs, oil painting and retro flowers :) There are my pictures: http://k-orom.blogspot.hu/2013/12/bornpretty-store-haul-olajfestmenyes-es.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, I really liked them too :) Now I just need practice...

      Delete
  3. I am very tempted to try the full nail water decals--seems like a fun variation on nail strips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the nail strips yet. But some day...

      Delete
  4. The design really is cool, I never tried any decals at all - so I think it looks complicated LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my first thought too. I think in this case that practice make (not perfect) but at least better, LOL!

      Delete
  5. Cool water decals! I never tried such a huge ones myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also my first go. I'll definitely try them again! :)

      Delete
  6. Love the decal design :P Although with specific things like the Eiffel tower, I like the designs to be smaller. I really like larger decals like these when it has a less specific pattern on it that you can cut up every which way and it would still look complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point! Bear in mind that my nails aren't the biggest nails around, so these specific designs might make much more sense on other girls' nails :)

      Delete
  7. these are really cute! :) i like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the huge ones are, well, huge! Lovely designs though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to both - I was amazed over how big they were :D

      Delete