Monday, January 27, 2014

Pahlish ~ Slow Fade of Love



Pahlish ~ Slow Fade of Love
Deep purple base with pink, purple, and holographic microglitter

I’ve always told myself that I put on colours that match my mood and not the time of year. Apparently my mood reflects the season this year, because I’ve been finding myself reaching for the darker colours recently, and my bright and chirpy neons seem to hibernate at the moment.

Slow Fade of Love is deep purple and very vampy. The formula is a bit tricky; it’s so thick that it’s really hard to apply thin coats. Fortunately the polish dries fast, so it isn’t really a problem with the thicker coats. I applied two coats and was well impressed with coverage! I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat for the pictures.

Here’s two coats of Slow Fade of Love + one layer of topcoat:


I love the colour, and I love the glitter that makes this baby glow:


The polish is just as pretty on the nails as it is in the bottle:

  
I stamped on it. I wanted to try some of the designs on my MoYou stamping plates. I used four different designs, all from the Biker Collection-02. It’s such a cool plate, I love all the designs on it! I used Essie’s “Nothing Else Metals” as my stamping polish, and when I was done stamping I sealed the whole thing up with another layer of Poshé topcoat.

Here’s the final mani:


I was not happy with my stamping today. I don’t know what I did wrong, but I just couldn’t seem to make it look right. The nail that looked the best was my thumb:


If you like deep purple jellies with glitter, then you should consider getting yourself a bottle of Slow Fade of Love. And the stamping plates from MoYou are highly recommendable – I love all the ones I’ve got. The designs are SO cool!


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

I bought this polish on Edgy Polish.
You can find more info on Edgy Polish’s Facebook page, link here.

12 comments: