Sunday, January 26, 2014

Polished by KPT ~ Dark Angels



Polished by KPT ~ Dark Angels  
Black holo with a red touch at some angles

It’s cool to try out new brands, don’t you think? Today I’m going to show you a polish I got in the mail only yesterday: Dark Angels by Polished by KPT. I bought it from Norway Nails, who have just got them in stock!

It’s described as a crelly which worried me a bit, since I am not usually a jelly-fan. I didn’t need to worry though, because the formula was just great, no problems there at all. Application was easy, and it took two relatively fast drying coats to make this Dark Angel shine!

I didn’t bother with a topcoat first. Let me show you two coats on its own. The picture is taken with flash:


I love the blue/green holo flame in this polish!


It’s described as a scattered holo, but perhaps it’s a mix between scattered and linear? I do see real rainbows here.


Here’s what the polish looks like in lower light and without flash:


I did some simple dots on it. I used my faithful Silver Holo from Urban Outfitters and made three dots on each nail. I sealed the entire thing up with a layer of topcoat, and here’s my final mani:


And a low light picture taken without flash:


Here’s the pretty sistas:


I couldn’t see the red part of this holo, not even in real life, but I don’t mind that so much. I like the formula and the drying time a lot, and I think the holoflame is really good too. So yes, I’m impressed with my first ever KPT polish. Do you know the brand? If yes, are there any of their polishes you can recommend?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Holo Effect: Medium and a mix between scattered and linear
Overall impression: It’s not often that you can say that a black polish is special, but this one is. I like it better with flash than without though.
Buy again: Yes


I bought Dark Angels at norwaynails.com.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is pretty - and I never heard about this brand before.
    I love trying new brands too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is also the first time I hear about this brand. Dark Angels feel a little bit alone here :D

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I love a good black holo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute manicure. I love how this nail polish looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know the brand, but I really like the strong holo effect it has :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brand is new to me too, but perhaps I should check out if they have made other holos :D

      Delete
  5. Man this is totally awesome! I am loving that holo big time!

    ReplyDelete