Tuesday, January 28, 2014

OPI ~ Underneath the Mistletoe



OPI ~ Underneath the Mistletoe
Red jelly base with glitter

I’ve been buying way more OPI polishes than I thought I would recently. My regular readers will know that I am not that big a fan, but I’m sometimes attracted to the pretty polishes they make anyway. And I have to admit that I have been pretty lucky with the ones I have bought too! None of the recent ones have let me down formula-wise! Yay!!

Underneath the Mistletoe is from OPI’s Mariah Carey Holiday Collection from 2013. It’s the kind of red that I cannot resist: The bright red and the shiny glitter. Something goes off in my head: I need to buy it!

The application was easy, I had no problems whatsoever. Coverage was good too, even for a jelly. I applied two coats before I was happy with it. Drying time is actually pretty good too! – I am not used to getting all positive vibes out of my OPIs, so I am beginning to suspect that I accidentally bought a fake OPI, haha!!

I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat, and then I was ready to take the following pictures:


See that glitter ’n shimmer? I absolutely love it!


I have several polishes that are red and with glitter. I believe that Underneath the Mistletoe is a bit darker than the rest of its fellow sisters!


I decided to stamp on it. When I ordered my MoYou stamping plates, I ordered a plate with the cutest sweater designs on it: Christmas Collection-04. I tried to photograph the plate, so you can get an idea of how fantastic these designs are:


Cute, yes? Anyway, I stamped with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri “Whirlwind White”, sealed the whole thing up with Poshé topcoat, and here’s my final mani:


I think the sweater designs are totally awesome!


And one last shot, because I love my mani:


I am really glad that I added Underneath the Mistletoe to my collection, and I am so glad that I got some Moyou stamping plates to play with.


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

12 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful, I've bought myself this one too, just before Christmas. Great stamping that really suits the polish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've got a soft spot for red polishes with glitter like this in them :)

      Delete
  2. Looooove it! It looks really gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of red polish but the shimmer in this one is so pretty! I love the stamping you did on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The shimmer is indeed pretty! :)

      Delete
  4. OMG, this nail polish looks amazing and the model is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Underneath the Mistletoe is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete