Tuesday, January 21, 2014

LynBDesigns ~ The Man with two Hearts



LynBDesigns ~ The Man with two Hearts
Clear base packed with red glitter and hearts

There was a time where I wasn’t very interested in indie polishes. I thought there were too many “bad apples”, so to speak, and it was difficult to navigate in the deep jungle of pretties. I feel differently now. I’ve tried quite a few, and have a feeling about which ones I like and which one I like less.

This is not my first LynBDesigns polish, and it’s definitely not going to be my last either. I’ve only been let down by one of her polishes once: I never used it, and therefore never blogged about it either. The colour in real life put me off entirely!

Anyway – let me show you a cool little polish. The Man with two Hearts is from the Doctor Who collection, and is basically a topper: Clear base packed with red glitter and hearts. I layered it over a plain black polish, namely Essence “Black is Back”.

I applied one layer of glitter over the black. I didn’t fish for the hearts, I just applied what came up with the brush, and what you see on each nail is the result of just one dip in the bottle per nail. A layer of Poshé topcoat finished the mani. Take a look, here’s one coat of The Man with two hearts over black:

  
See how dense the glitter is? I must admit that I’m impressed by the amount of glittering this topper has to offer.


I got one heart on three nails, two hearts on one, and when I got to the thumb I actually got five hearts on the brush!! I scraped two of them off again, since I thought five was too many! :D


Different angle:


Here’s one last shot, just because! 


This glitter is so much more than I expected. I love that it’s packed with bits of sparkle! That was it doesn’t let the black base take over the entire mani. Now it’s more red than black, and that’s the way I want it!
Drying time is average – and I applied a thick layer. Next time I might go for two thin layers instead, because that will make the drying time even better, I think.


Opacity: N/A/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. Love this polish, so perfect for Valentine's coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really pretty layered like this, but that man had more than two hearts, and now you ripped some of them out, you are so bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the one that I saw on FB? Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and it looks great over black :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so gorgeous over black!

    ReplyDelete