Monday, January 27, 2014

Nicole by OPI Gumdrops ~ Cherry Amour



Nicole by OPI Gumdrops ~ Cherry Amour
Cherry red texture with pink and holo sparkle

Cherry Amour is from the Gumdrop collection, of which I bought a couple when I was in New York. Yes, New York was a great place to shop polishes! I found a lot of goodies!
  
The formula is good, the polish spreads out easily, and covers well. I applied two coats and then I was satisfied. Drying time is on the slow side, but I tried to be patient, and only dented one of the nails a little. And fortunately not on my photo hand, haha! The glitter dries up gritty without being like sandpaper. I like the brush, which is wide, just like I prefer it!

Take a look at two coats, no topcoat:


I love this colour against my skintone. I think it’s a very flattering colour for me.


You can probably tell from these pictures that Cherry Amour doesn’t dry up super gritty, but “just” textured.


I made some dots on it with Flormar 392, which is a silver holo glitter. I decided to seal it all up with a layer of Poshé topcoat, because I wanted to see the glitter come more to life. Take a look at what that ended up looking like:


I love Cherry Amour with topcoat on! The Holographic sparkle shows itself much more under a layer of topcoat!


Last shot – I think these two polishes look fantastic together!


Here they are in their bottles:


I am glad that I bought this Cherry Amour. The colour suits me perfectly, I really like this kind of red. I do prefer it with a topcoat. The holo glitter doesn’t make a big deal of itself on its own – and a layer of topcoat makes it pop beautifully! 

The Flormar is a treasure too. I have used that a couple of times now – you can actually see the usage on the bottle pic! :D

 
Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. I wore this at Christmas, it's my type of red too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice when a certain colour just gets it right! :)

      Delete
  2. It's a gorgeous shade of red, I love those berry toned reds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really high up on my list of favourites too :)

      Delete
  3. It looks good enough to eat :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really pretty red shade... the color really suits you. And with the texture, it does look like candy. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete