Sunday, January 12, 2014

Glitter Gal ~ Evening Light



Glitter Gal ~ Evening Light
Duochromatic polish that shifts between pink, orange and red

I showed you Glitter Gal Hidden Violets yesterday – and today I’m going to show you her sister, also from the Shade Shifters collection, namely Evening Light. I like the names of these polishes, by the way. It’s nice to come across a breed of polish that doesn’t
feel compelled to use dumbass and/or crass naming conventions.

Just like yesterday, I’m going to show you this polish on its own. I know that it pops more over black, but I want to show you that these shade shifters are really unique on their own – and that you can wear them if you (like myself) prefer your polishes without the black underneath them.

The formula is a bit thin, but still easy to work with. It takes three coats to make this opaque on its own, but drying time between the coats is pretty good, so that isn’t a problem really. I didn’t apply a topcoat before I took my photos, the polish is so shiny on its own. But it’s a total b*tch to photograph! I did my best, I really hope you like what you see.

Here’s three coats, no topcoat:


I found that the orange was extremely difficult to catch on cam. Look for it around the edges of my nails!


Here’s a pic that shows a darker orange – almost red. This is a true chameleon!


Pink and dark orange go really nice together, don’t you think?


I like the way this pic shows both pink, red and orange!


Here’s my favourite pic of the bunch:



Verdict:
I had hoped that the orange would be more prominent than it actually is on the nails. It’s pink that flashes its colours the most, and it’s not an ‘in your face’ pink, either. It’s a softer pink than I usually go for. Having said all that, I’m still a fan of this polish – I love the colour shift and how it looks on its own. I can live with three coats of polish if the drying time is ok, like it is with this polish.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Pretty good
Durability: Good
Removal: Easy
Overall impression: Great colour shifter. I wish the colours were more in your face.
Buy again: No

10 comments:

  1. Evening light light in the morning ;)
    It's such a delicate and feminine (also girly) shade, I think you should show it once more over black - it would be a great comparison!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty but i agree with Maria, probably over black would look even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another subtle duochrome, but definitely a duochrome. I'm not really into very girly polish, but this is also a stunner. I think the duochrome will be more obvious on black, but I really like the glow of the polish when it's worn on its own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer polishes that work on their own - at least I want to try it out first, to see what kind of polish it is :)

      Delete
    2. I totally agree. Why get a polish when you need another one to make it work, huh? Well, except for glitters and toppers of course.

      Thanks for showing both glitter gals off, I should dig them out of my stash very soon....... Especially with these dark days, the duochromes lighten up the days (and holo's bring you down, because of the low light...)

      Delete
    3. Please feel free to tell me where your blog is, I'd love to see it when you put them on again. I tried to click your profile but that didn't take me anywhere.

      And I agree with you about using polishes on their own. At least I want to know what they can before I start mixing them with others :D

      Delete