Friday, January 24, 2014

Icing ~ Teal for real and Sally Hansen ~ Green Rocket



Icing ~ Teal for real
Greenish teal with shimmer and a silky finish

I was thrilled to see Icing shops in New York! I really like Icing’s polishes; they’re especially good at making great glitters! I bought a handful of polishes in New York – and this beautiful green came home with me too.

Application was easy, drying time is good and it took two coats to make it fully opaque. Nothing on the bottle suggested that this was a matte, but it does dry up to a silky finish. I like it!

Take a look at how pretty two coats are on their own:


I am so glad I bought this, the colour is SO me!


I did this mani a bit late, so I didn’t really have time for big nail art projects. Instead I used a glitter topper from Sally Hansen’s X-Treme Wear-line: Green Rocket. I also brought that polish home with me from New York. Green Rocket is a clear base with green, white and black glitters, hexes and bar glitters in various sizes. It’s a bit outside my comfort zone, but what the heck!

I sealed the whole thing up with a layer of Poshé topcoat, and this is what the mani ended up looking like:


The green glitters don’t show up much, but they’re definitely there.


One last shot:


I’ve never really been a fan of the polishes with a mix of black and white glitters. They’ve never spoken to me. I’m not sure this topper will be a keeper either, but I do think that it fits the Icing polish perfectly.

What say you, girls? Are you into black/white glitter toppers?


Icing:
Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes

9 comments:

  1. I love a green like this - fortunately not at all teal LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty with the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that green is gorgeous! And I collect the black and white glitters-they're the only ones I wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know. I don't know why they don't really speak to me :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice green and the glitter compliments it well :)

    ReplyDelete