Friday, January 10, 2014

Sephora X ~ Astonishing



Sephora X ~ Astonishing
Purple texture with glitter in silver and baby pink

Here’s another one of the Sephora X-polishes I bought in New York. I tried Mr. Positivity on yesterday and was impressed with the quality of it. Check it out here if you missed it.

Astonishing is a textured polish. The formula is good, and the pigmentation is so good that it almost covers in one coat. Drying time is on the slow side so I waited for a while before applying coat number two. And then I was satisfied! I really like the way this looks!

Two coats, sweet ladies:


The glitter is quite complex. It’s way more than just silver!


It shines way more in real life than my pictures suggest.


I decided to go for a few dots on it. I used Urban Outfitter’s “Silver Holo” for it, and made three dots on each nail: One large in the middle, and two smaller ones on each side of it. I also applied a layer of Poshé topcoat, just because, and here’s what my mani ended up looking like:


Even a thick layer of Poshé couldn’t make this smooth. It would have at least taken another coat - and my Poshé is reaching the end of the bottle, so even now it’s thicker than normal!


This last picture of it is my favourite shot!


And here are the pretties lined up.


The verdict: I’m still happy that I decided to buy a bunch of Sephora’s X-collection polishes, because they’re really good. The only downside of this texture, is the drying time. It isn’t as long as the first OPI liquid sands though, haha!

What say you, girls? Do you like it?

  
Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. I especially love it with the top coat and nail art, it makes it much more sparkly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I love textures, but I often end up topcoating them for the extra shine, haha! :D

      Delete
  2. I love purple textures <3
    I looks pretty with top coat aswell, but I must admit that I prefer a texture polish without :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of purple in general :) And I do love a good texture, but I also love them shiny :)

      Delete
  3. You know I really have to give this brand a try!!! this one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I have a few more to try out :) Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful texture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not a fan of texture polish. I do need to try this brand though!

    ReplyDelete