Wednesday, January 15, 2014

China Glaze Spring 2014 Sea Goddess Collection Swatches



Hi girls,

Today I want to show you something brand new, namely four out of the six polishes in the upcoming Sea Goddess collection from China Glaze. It’s a textured collection, yay!

"Wish On A Starfish" is a strong shimmery texture. It's a light pink with gold shimmer, and I don’t think I’ve seen so much shimmer in a polish, ever!

Here’s two coats:


Check out that gold shimmer – isn’t that just amazing?


I thought this would perhaps clash with my skin tone, but it didn’t. Nice!


And here it is with a layer of topcoat on top:


This is not a polish I’d normally go for, but I must admit that the shimmer kind of got me.


Next one up is "Shell We Dance". It‘s a medium pink, shimmery base with light and dark pink glitters mixed in. I didn’t experience any problems at all with the formula, and I used two coats for the swatches below:


This is a better colour for me, and I love the mixed in glitters!


Look how shiny it is!


And here’s a surprise for you: The polish changed character tremendously when I applied a topcoat. The colour became a tone deeper and the glitters stood out more:


I absolutely love it. This is the one I like the best with a topcoat on!


Next one up is "Tail Me Something". It’s a medium purple with silver shimmer and small purple glitters. Two coats for the swatches below:


I love the way the glitters sparkle in the texture!


Yeah!


And here it is with a topcoat. It definitely made the colour a bit richer, although didn’t change in the way that ‘Shell We Dance’ did.



The next and last one up is "Seahorsin' Around", which is a shimmery blue with gold and silver shimmer. The golden touch to this polish sometimes makes it appear greenish blue, like sea green - if that’s even a colour.

Two coats for these swatches:


This is definitely a me-colour!


It’s such a cool shade, I love it!


And with topcoat:


This is the star of the collection, in my opinion. I love the rich colour and the pretty shimmer!


When I saw the first swatches of this collection out there, I didn’t think I’d bother get any of them. It’s a shame that the first pictures were so bad, because this is a pretty cool collection of textured polishes. The formula on them all is great and so is the drying time.

My favourite of the bunch is Seahorsin’ Around. I love the colour and I also quite like the name. Runner up is Shell We Dance (with a layer of topcoat). So cool.

What do you think, girls? Are you getting any of these?

26 comments:

  1. Omg, these are the first swatches I've seen! How did you get these so early? I've been really excited waiting for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to be able to show them this early. I got them from eBay :)

      Delete
  2. Love the purple and the blue! I think this is the first time I have seen any of these polishes swatched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue is my favourite, it's gorgeous, and I really love the pink too - but mostly with a topcoat on! :)

      Delete
  3. Finally! ChG textures with shimmer!! I have some similar colors to the purple and blue, but I will still look for these!! I didn't care for their creamy looking textures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been awaiting these too - I am totally with you on the creamy textures!!

      Delete
  4. I really like these - I have a feeling I'll be picking up a few!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see why you like texture with glitter - it makes them so much more interesting to look at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it. Not just bumpy, but cool ;)

      Delete
  6. Er ret fan af den første, så måske jeg skal have den på et tidspunkt. synes også det er godt CG er kommet med på glimmer textur bølgen :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaaah, endelig!! Det er helt vildt så meget shimmer der er i den første! Den er bare WOW!

      Delete
  7. Den første ligner virkelig meget én af teksturlakkerne fra BarryM, mener den hedder 'Princess'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det måtte jeg lige google, og det har du da måske egentlig en meget god pointe i. Interessant! :)

      Delete
  8. Im not a texture person but I quite like these specially with top coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually ending up wearing my textures with topcoat too :)

      Delete
  9. Seriously, I love all of them! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been waiting for these to come out since I saw the original swatch wheel photos of them! Colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. I wasn't impressed with the first pics I saw, but they are really pretty in real life :)

      Delete
  11. I'm a sucker for textures and these gorgeous ones sure doesn't help :P

    ReplyDelete