Friday, January 17, 2014

Glitter Gal ~ Evening Light, part II



Glitter Gal ~ Evening Light, part II
Duochromatic polish that shifts between pink, orange and red

The attentive reader will remember Evening light recently, in fact it’s not many days ago. I chose to wear the polish on its own, but was actually challenged to wear it over black too. I believe that some of my readers thought that Evening Light was too girly for me on its own.

Challenge accepted!

This time I’m going to show how it looks over black and over dark purple. At the end of the post, there’s a pic of how the base colours look on their own, if you’re interested!

I won’t describe the formula and drying time etc again, if you haven’t read the first post I suggest you click here and read it.

But here’s what two coats of Evening Light look like over black and purple. I’m wearing black underneath on my little finger and my pointer, and dark purple on my ring and middle fingers.


The orange is now even less prominent than it was before, but the base colours definitely make the polish pop more!


Look at the colour when I flip my fingers like this:


Yes, it’s pretty for sure!


One last shot – because this is definitely a pretty multichrome:


Here’s what the base colours look like on their ownsome. There’s one coat of Essence Black is Back, and also one coat of Max Factor Glossfinity “Amethyst”.


And the pretty polishes:


Verdict:
It’s true that this polish is more me when worn over a darker colour. I don’t think it made a huge difference whether it was layered over black or purple, but I prefer it over purple because it blends better with the Glitter Gal around the corners of the nails.

Thanks for the challenge! Now: Moving on to the next polish, haha!

10 comments:

  1. I like it over darker color more too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would. It's like it is a completely different polish :)

      Delete
  2. I love it over purple! :) great choice, it looks fantastic. Sooo much more potential with underwear. Over black is pretty too, great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. When I read the comments on my first take on this polish, I knew I had to try it with underwear too :)

      Delete
  3. It's interesting how difficult it is to figure out what color is under wear - and I clearly like it much better layered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the exact same thing when I looked at the pictures afterwards. It's the pointer that gives it away imo! :)

      Delete