Wednesday, January 22, 2014

KBShimmer ~ Vicious Circles



KBShimmer ~ Vicious Circles
red jelly with silver holographic circles in two sizes, sliver holographic hex glitters and holographic sliver micro slices

After my first experience with KBShimmer, I needed to try it again. The first one I tried was “Don’t Teal Anyone”, and I was really impressed. So I bought a couple more, and Vicious Circles was the one that wanted to be worn first!

So: this is a jelly, and that is not my favourite finish. I was drawn by the nice red colour and the shiny glitters though. I applied two coats and was almost satisfied. I knew from earlier that jellies have problems looking good on pictures with only two coats, so I decided to add an extra layer. It’s an easy glitter to apply. I didn’t fish for it, I just applied whatever came up on the brush. Drying time is pretty average – not super fast, not super slow.

I applied a layer of topcoat, and my mani was done. Do you want to see it? Here you go:


KBShimmer’s shop describes this polish as blood red, but I don’t know anybody with blood this colour. It’s red alright, and juicy looking!


And the glitters don’t have problems popping, that’s for sure. That’s a thing jellies can do: Make glitters pop.


I didn’t quite know what to do with this, so I decided to keep it as it was here. I considered a small stamp, but no, I think it’ll be too messy.


What’s the verdict, I hear you ask. I am not quite sure, to be honest. I mean, I do like the colour, I really like red polishes. But there’s something about it that isn’t quite right, and I cannot put my finger on what it is!

I’m not quite ready to let this polish sit in my box of shame, but we’ll see how long it gets to stay in my stash.

How about you, girls? Do you like this? If not, why not?


Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 6/10
Buy again: No

9 comments:

  1. Oh, you are wearing a glitter today - that is a rare sight ;)
    But it's a truly gorgeous one - and yes, it's interesting how flash light can penetrate jelly/crelly polishes and make them look partially bald...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha, you're so funny! :D
      I find that jellies always need three layers if I want them to look good on pictures. Perhaps that changes when the light changes here at springtime :)

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean, you can't put the finger on what it is with some polishes, but they're not your favourites, but I think is quite fun and cute. Not a wow-polish but cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you just put your finger on what's wrong with it for me: It's not a wow-polish! I've got so many pretties, and I want them all to be wow-polishes :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not a big fan of jellys and not quite sure about this one as a whole, but I like the color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one will be much better around springtime :)

      Delete
  4. It makes me think of St. Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete