Saturday, January 4, 2014

Emily de Molly ~ Amazonia



Emily de Molly ~ Amazonia
Dark teal green linear holo

Here’s another Emily de Molly. It isn’t a secret that teal is one of my favourite colours and holos are up high on my list of favourite finishes, so this has got to be a winner too!

Emily de Molly can do something very special with holos! I have never had any problems with any of the ones I’ve got – the formula has been great on all of them, and it is also gratifyingly great on Amazonia. It isn’t quite as pigmented as “Where Boys fear to tread” that I showed you, but it’s fully opaque after two easy coats. There’s no need for a special aqua basecoat for this baby, and drying time is good.

Still no sun (damn you, long and dark winter, with the howling wolves and the putting on skis to go grocery shopping!), so here’s a picture taken with flash. Two coats, no topcoat:


I feel like saying “oo la la”! If this polish isn’t just me, then I don’t know what is!


The rainbows are so pretty, I just love them!


And Amazonia is also pretty in low lights. There are still (no so prominent) rainbows, and the colour is not dusty or anything. Just pure prettiness on my fingernails! This picture is indeed taken in low lights:


I made some random dots on it. First some random white ones made with Essence’s “Ahoy!” which is a plain white crème, and then I dotted Amazonia on all the white dots. And honestly: I love the result. Take a look:


And a low light picture:


Oh yeah, Amazonia is a beauty, no doubt about that. I wonder if you like it just as much as I do!


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes!

You can buy “Amazonia” from norwaynails.com.
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

10 comments:

  1. This is a perfect "you" color - I love the dots - perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just! I can't seem to get enough of this colour! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colour, and I love the dots. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I also think they turned out quite nice :)

      Delete
  3. beautiful color, i really like the dots and even if not that pigmented it is still amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this brand makes amazing holo. i need someeeee!! Happy new year by the way darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need some, you would totally rock them! :)

      Delete
  5. This mani reminds me of peacock! Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love peacock, they're beautiful! so thank you :D <3

      Delete