Sunday, January 5, 2014

Gothic Gala Lacquers ~ Vallis Sanguine



Gothic Gala Lacquers ~ Vallis Sanguine
Red/purple with holographic effect

When you see the pictures, you’ll probably believe that I’m showing you two different polishes, wait and see!

Vallis Sanguine is described as a purple/red creme polish with a linear holo effect. It took me a little while to see the purple in it; to me this polish leans more red than purple. Of course I don’t mind that at all – I love both red and purple!

Alright – the formula is really good, and the polish applies easily and effortlessly. Coverage is great, it takes two easy coats to achieve full opacity. Drying time is also very good, so no problems to report with that. Good job!! So let me show you what this beauty looks like when photographed with flash.

Two coats, no topcoat:


And here’s a picture that shows the more purple side of Vallis Sanguine:


I just love these rainbows, they’re absolutely beautiful!


Let me show you what I talked about when I said that you would think that I showed you two different polishes in the post. Here’s a picture of the exact same polish, just taken without flash and in lower lights:


Wow, right? It’s totally different! This picture shows the purple side of Vallis Sanguine:


And one last shot in low lights. I simply love how different this polish can look in changing conditions!


I wasn’t really in the mood to cover up any of this polish, so I just added a half moon-sticker to my ring finger nail, and called that a mani.
Flash picture of the final mani:


Lower light picture of the final mani:


I might as well tell you right away that Vallis Sanguine is my favourite Gothic Gala Lacquer. It’s so beautiful both in direct sunlight and in low lights – and that’s perfect for me! I love the colour and the holo effect is cool. So yes –Both thumbs are up for this beauty!

Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. I love how vampy and sexy this is - and that you decided to go for some simple nail art - it's so elegant and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it is sexy, isn't it. I just love it both in and out of bright lights :)

      Delete
  2. How totally gorgeous--I wouldn't want to cover this one either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes seriously, I didn't have the heart to cover it with anything :)

      Delete
  3. WOW! this is just something! i really love it! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty. Such a deep and rich color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's truly gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. FIrst yes I am VERY behind in my reading. My damn IPAD won't leave comments if I use that to read my feedly posts. Very annoying. Second-what a pretty polish label on this. Third that is one gorgeous holo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I simply love this holo :) No worries about being behind :)

      Delete