Friday, January 3, 2014

Gothic Gala Lacquers ~ Odin



Gothic Gala Lacquers ~ Odin
Deep, vampy, blackened purple with holo effect

I showed you Picard yesterday, a beautiful berry/pink holographic polish, and today I want to show you something darker. Odin, named after the leader of the gods in Norse mythology, is very deep purple, but not so dark that it appears black. Odin is obviously from the Valhalla collection, from which I may in fact need more polishes.

The formula is really good, I had no problems with application at all. The pigmentation is also good; it takes two coats to make it fully opaque. Drying time is good, and that’s a big plus in my book. I used a regular basecoat as underwear for Odin.

The first pictures are taken with flash. Two coats, no topcoat:


Odin is probably the least holographic of the four polishes I got for review, but it’s still really beautiful!


It’s like small rainbows scattered out over my nails. My nails really like that!


I also took some pictures in lower lights without flash. The holo particles still show in lower lights, but obviously not as prominently as when photographed with flash.


Isn’t this purple just great? I really like it!


I spiced it up a bit with a metallic magenta striper! I painted what resembles a peace sign on each nail. There should be piece amongst the gods after all! I sealed the whole thing up with a layer of topcoat too. Here’s my final mani, picture’s taken with flash:


And here’s a picture taken without flash:


Can I recommend Odin? Well, if you’re into deep, dark colours with beautiful spectraflair added to it, then definitely yes. I’ve got nothing negative to say about formula, pigmentation or drying time. It’s just a really good polish, that’s it! 

Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful finished result, and it looks good on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty color and the design is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to both. I really like the pink against the very dark purple :)

      Delete
  3. i love the nail art. I think Odin is a beautiful polish, purple and sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colour and the small holoeffect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nail art, but i guess Odin on it's own is to dark for me.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like spicing up dark colours with something sparkly and fun :)

      Delete
  6. The word that sounds "Odin" means "one" on Russian :). Anyway this polish is very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually pretty cool to know. Odin was the number one god in Norse mythology so that makes sense :)

      Delete
  7. WOW this is one gorgeous purple! I also love the design you put on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling that you'd like this one :) Thank you!

      Delete