Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri ~ 130 Pink Fast & 160 Quick Jeanius



Sally Hansen Insta-Dri ~ 130 Pink Fast & 160 Quick Jeanius
Pink and dark blue foil

I was thrilled to find Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes in New York! I’ve got a selection of them by now, and new additions are always welcome. I also looked for “Whirlwind White”, but unfortunately I didn’t find it. Whirlwind white is my favourite white for stamping.

Anyway – I bought four Insta-Dris, and they all have a foil finish.

Application is a breeze! No problems to report at all. And the two I’m going to show you today are one coaters! Drying time is good, although not actually “instant” as the name suggests. I applied two coats to see if it made any difference, but it didn’t. Perhaps there’s another meaning for the word “instant” that I’m not aware of. But anyway, no biggie...

Here, sweet ladies, is two coats of Pink Fast and Quick Jeanius, no topcoat:


The pink is more foil than the blue. Check out the bottle I’m holding! Doesn’t it suggest more foil than I actually got on my nails? I think so!


I want to show you why I like my Insta-Dris so much. They stamp!

I used a stamping plate from Apipila called “D”. It’s a must have plate for cat lovers for sure. Even the plate is cat-head shaped, lol! Here’s what the plate looks like:


Isn’t that just adorable! I seriously love it! ♥
Anyway, back to the stamping. I stamped with the opposite colours, sealed it up with a layer of Poshé topcoat, and here’s my final mani:


Here’s a shot from another angle, with less reflections of light:


That’s pretty good for polishes that aren’t specifically produced as stamping polishes, isn’t it? Do you understand now why I really like my Insta-Dris. I can’t wait to show you the two others!


Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. Oh both those colors are so pretty - and that plate <3 the shape of it alone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely colors! I think dark colors are a harder to get a metallic foil finish. The particles are unfortunately only stuck to the inside of the bottle in a way they'd never be on the nail... but from what I know and can see on your pics neither of them has proper "foiling" pigments. These colours are never that strong in colour, rather a tint to the silver ,because only this is the foiling pigment, as far as I know...
      Anyway, the cat plate is gorgeous! I'm not a catoholic, but I love it *_*
      Greetings from Berlin, Moni

      Delete
    2. LOL I've just found my cat-o-holic looks almost like catholic ... but I meant the first ^^
      (How did I get my comment in as a reply to Maria? O_o anyway, Hi, Maria!)

      Delete
    3. I can reply to both of you in this comment then :D

      @Maria: I just knew I had to have that plate when I saw it. It's fantastic! :)

      @Moni: I think you're right about the darker shades. I'm still happy that the blue one stamps :)
      And I also read Cat-o-holic as Catholic at first, LOL! :D

      Delete
  2. Naaw such a cute stamping plate and beautiful polishes too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both colors are really nice and it looks like they are great for stamping.
    Oh and aaaaw what a cute stamping plate! So adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Insta-Dris are generally good for stamping - I've only come across a few that weren't good for it :)

      Delete
  4. beautiful polishes. I love the stamping.

    ReplyDelete