Saturday, January 11, 2014

Glitter Gal ~ Hidden Violets



Glitter Gal ~ Hidden Violets
Duochromatic polish that shifts between purple, blue and cobber

I know Glitter Gal mostly for their beautiful holographic polishes. It turns out that they also make very pretty duochromes!

I’m going to show you Hidden Violets today, and Evening Light tomorrow – stay tuned for that.

Many of these shade shifters really pop if you apply them over black polish. I like to know how my polishes work on their own, so I decided to give that a go. The formula is good – I didn’t experience any problems with application! It took three coats before I was satisfied, and the drying time between coats is pretty good.

And I like it! I love that it works on it own. Take a look at how shiny and pretty three coats and no topcoat looks like:


See that duochrome? It’s cool, isn’t it!? If I flick my fingers like this, you’ll be able to see a completely different side of this polish:


I love the colours it flashes!


And I have a soft spot for shiny things – can you tell? Hahaha!


I paired it up with a glitter from Coco Allure called Family Jewels. That’s a polish I showed you a while ago (check it out here), and is a mix of blue, red and purple glitters in various sizes and shapes. I think it’s perfect for a glitter gradient here! There’s a layer of topcoat to finish the mani off:


This may not be most girls’ choice of glitter for this blue/purple/copper multichrome, but I like it because the purple glitters in Family Jewels match the purple tone of Hidden Violets perfectly. 


 One last shot: 



Verdict:
I can conclude that Glitter Gal can make other cool stuff than holos. This multichrome definitely works for me – I like both the colours and the fact that I don’t have to layer it over black to make it work.



Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Pretty good
Durability: Good
Removal: Easy
Overall impression: Great colours in the shift, and fantastic shine.
Buy again: Yes

11 comments:

  1. It's very beautiful indeed :)
    And the glitter layering is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great duochrome effect and I like the glitter polish too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one liking it :)

      Delete
  3. I've got it too and it's a very charming, not too much in your face duochrome. One of my favorites, but I have too much untrieds in my stash, so I don't wear it that often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I don't wear any nail polish "often". My box is flowing over too :D

      Delete
  4. I like it especially with the glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete