Sunday, January 19, 2014

Too Fancy Lacquer ~ Holly



Too Fancy Lacquer ~ Holly
Red linear holo with green shimmer

Here’s the second Too Fancy Lacquer out of three.

Holly is described as red with green shimmer. And I am able to spot the green shimmer in the bottle, but it wasn’t visible on my nails at all. And Holly is not a true red – it’s got a terracotta undertone to it that makes it lean a little bit orange. That tone doesn’t show much on the pictures though but it was very visible in real life.

Anyway – the formula was great – no problems occurred during application. No need for special underwear in the shape of aqua basecoat either, this baby just work with any normal basecoat. The polish dries fast between coats, and it covers really well. It was practically a one coater, but the second coat made a difference to the depth, so that’s what I recommend.

Let me show you what it looks like. Two coats, no topcoat, picture taken with flash:


The holo effect isn’t as strong as in “Come to the Dark Side” which I showed you yesterday, but it’s pretty!


This picture might give you an idea of what I’m talking about when I say I see an orange-y undertone in the polish.


One last picture with flash:


And here’s a picture taken in low lights. It’s still a pretty polish.


I stamped on it. I used a skull and star-motif from the Moyou London stamping plate Princess Collection-13 and I stamped with the Too Fancy Lacquer polish I showed you yesterday: Come to the Dark Side. That was a one coater, so I figured it would stamp quite nicely – and it did! Take a look for yourself:


This pic is also taken with flash:


And here’s a low light picture for you:



Verdict:
When I first saw this polish online I actually thought it was orange, and now I’ve got my hands on it myself, I know why I thought that. The colour is a little bit outside my comfort zone, but I like it anyway. I’ve got no complaints about the quality of the polish – it’s just great. No less.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Removal: No problemo
Overall impression: Great quality polish with an almost indescribable colour :)
Buy again: No

12 comments:

  1. It is very pretty, and it might not be so strong in the holo department, but I think strong red holos are hard to find - I like it with the stamping too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - red holos seem to be a challenge. I might just try all the red holos, and eventually I'll find THE right one :D

      Delete
  2. I love this extraordinary shade of red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to the Dark Side stamps perfectly! lovely color and great stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does - it's perfect both for wearing and to stamp with :)

      Delete
  4. It's not very strong in the holo, but it's a pretty color never the less and the stamping looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so nice with stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MAN-That is an awesome red holo! I may have to check out this brand!

    ReplyDelete