Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Icing ~ Daisy Dukes, Jean’ie in a Bottle, Galaxy



Icing ~ Daisy Dukes, Jean’ie in a Bottle, Galaxy
Two denim blues and a glitter

I bought these three Icing polishes in an Icing shop in New York. It looks as if Icing is changing their bottles to square ones. I actually like square bottles, but I must admit that I don’t like the concept of removing the outer cap first and then being left with a tiny ridged cap to hold on to while I paint my nails. Yes I’m also looking at you, Butter London! Make it as hard as you can, why don’t you?

Anyway, back to the three polishes of the day.

Daisy Dukes is a dark denim blue, and Jean’ie in a Bottle is a light denim blue, and they both dry op semi matte. The formula is great! And both of the polishes are one coaters! Isn’t that just great! :) Drying time is good too, no problems whatsoever with these two polishes. I alternated to two colours on my nails.

So dear ladies, here is one coat of each polish – the bottle I’m holding is Daisy Dukes:


And here’s a pic where I’m holding Jean’ie in a Bottle:


I thought I’d try stamping with them too, since they’re both easy one coaters. For the design I chose a MoYou stamping plate called Princess Collection-13. The plate looks like this, and I used the bottom right design with skulls and stars. I love both skulls and stars, you see! ;)


I stamped my ring finger, my middle finger and my thumb with the opposite colours, and added a layer of Galaxy on my pinkie and my pointer. Both the denims stamped really well, I am so impressed with these polishes!
I sealed it all up with a layer of Poshé topcoat, and here’s my final mani:


Galaxy is a clear base with blue and white glitters and shreds in various sizes. It fits the two denims perfectly, both the dark blue and the light blue.


The design is just supercute! The skulls with bows and the stars, oh yeah, they’re so me!


Here are the three polishes lined up:


Verdict:
It can’t be a secret that I love one coaters, and I love them even more if they stamp! The polishes are really pretty – I wasn’t quite sure about the light blue when I bought them, but on the other hand: I knew the three polishes would go together, so I couldn’t just leave it. And now I am really happy that I bought all three of them.

The MoYou stampingplate is also a winner. The designs are so cool and cute, and they stamp really well. I haven’t bought my last MoYou plate, that’s for sure!


Icing:
Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love them all 3 - and it's a perfect match with the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it was a good buy for sure :)

      Delete
  2. really cool plate! :) beautiful polishes.

    ReplyDelete