Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A England ~ St. George



A England ~ St. George
Dark teal scattered holo

I might as well tell you right away: I fell in love with St. George the moment I laid eyes on him. Dark, handsome, mysterious – I knew that we were meant to be.

I was so happy when he finally became mine! It’s so long ago now – all the way back to before Royal Mail in the UK started to steal destroy nail mail. I have to confess that I have kept him very safe since then. He’s been sitting safely in my box of untrieds ever since. But today is the big day!

Application was a breeze, no less! And it’s a one coater too! (I applied two anyway – out of habit, I guess, haha!) Drying time is good. In fact, I can’t really find anything negative to say about this polish. It’s teal, it’s holographic, it’s delicious. Oh joy!

Allow me to demonstrate what I’m talking about. Here’s a picture of what two coats, and no topcoat looks like – the picture is taken in indirect light:


Isn’t that just delicious? Let me turn on a lamp for you:


Then the scattered holo effect shows up, yay! And here’s a couple of pictures taken with flash:


I know, right? Isn’t that just something? Is it so weird I fell in love?


Here’s what A England writes about St. George:

Bearer of a valiant & courageous heart, this fathomless teal reveals the strength of the brave knight's convictions with his gleaming, fiery core.

I want my St. George to be a bad boy! So I found a stamping plate from Moyou London called Biker Collection-05:


...and chose three different designs from that. I stamped with Kiko 616 Emerald from the Mirror Collection. And here’s a picture taken in my lightbox:


And here’s a picture taken with flash:


Last picture is of my thumb – I just love that design. I’m sad that it’s so big that I can only use it on my thumb, but I guess it’s better than nothing.



Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes


A England’s polishes are really good quality polishes, and they come in a great range of colours. And it’s your lucky day if you’re interested in buying some of them! They are on special in Edgy Polish’s webshop! You get 20% off A England polishes, but only for the next 12 hours!

You can find more info on Edgy Polish’s Facebook page here.

16 comments:

  1. St. George is just gorgeous, I loooove it. Cool stamping! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I really love St George too! I shouldn't have kept him waiting for so long :)

      Delete
  2. St Geoge is beautiful! one of my favorites. cool stamping too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St. George is my favourite A England too - so good looking! :)

      Delete
  3. I have this and it is one gorgeous polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a pretty - aehm, handsome polish-boy, with and without the stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very handsome indeed :) I loved him even more as a bad boy with stamps! :)

      Delete
  5. this deep teal holo reminds me about sea. looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm really glad to hear that you think so :)

      Delete
  6. A england yay! I looove their polishes and really can't figure out why I haven't bought this one yet 'cause it's soooo beautiful and awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though it's the first time I actually try this one on, I'm still glad I bought it :)

      Delete