Thursday, December 5, 2013

Alanna Renee ~ Sugar & Spice & All Things Nice



Alanna Renee ~ Sugar & Spice & All Things Nice
A mix of pink and purple holo hex glitter and holo particles

Let me show you another Alanna Renee polish. I showed you “Snips &Snails & Puppy Dog Tails” the other day, and today it’s “Sugar & Spice & All Things Nice” which I’m going to show off. I think the names are a bit long, but seriously, I love them! Sugar & Spice & All Things Nice is a mix of pink and purple holographic hexagons and glitters, mixed with holographic particles. It sounds like my kind of polish, doesn’t it.

I chose another Golden Rose Matte Velvet as underwear for this pretty glitter, namely #107, which is purple with shimmer. A beauty, which is well pigmented and dries really fast. I’ll show you what it looks like at the end of this post.

I placed some striping tape on my nails before I applied the glitter. I pulled it off again right after application, and while the glitter was still wet. On these first pictures it isn’t really visible what effect that had, because these first pictures are taken in full sunshine. There’s a layer of topcoat over, btw.

Take a look at how pretty it is:


On this next picture you can almost see the stripes. Check the middle nail, that is the one it shows the most on.


I really like the look of this glitter!


Here’s a blurry pic to let the holo glitter show off!


This picture is taken in daylight, but out of the sun. That shows the stripes really well, and I love that I made that detail!


I promised you to show you the Golden Rose Matte Velvet I used as underwear. The entire collection is great as base for other stuff. They’re pretty much all one coaters and dry really fast. If I had worn this #107 alone, I would have applied two coats, but this dear ladies, is just one coat:


I’m happy with this. Would you also have been happy, if you were me?


I bought Sugar & Spice & All Things Nice on norwaynails.com.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I really like the detail with the stripes. It gives it a great look
    And the purple base is pretty aswell, and it's always a great bonus when its 1 coaters :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it with the stripes too - I loved that detail, that made it into a bit more than "just glitter" :)

      Delete
  2. What a sweet name - and a gorgeous glitter too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that the name is really cute, yes :)

      Delete
  3. Look at the sparkle on that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, what an enchanting polish! I like the glitter particles in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too - I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

      Delete
  5. Not really a fan of that glitter when just looking at it in the bottle, but I do love it when it's over that purple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that's great to hear! I love it either way of course, haha!

      Delete
  6. What a pretty and sparkly glitter! It looks perfect over the purple base. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love trying to find perfect base colours for my glitters :)

      Delete
  7. omg! i have a weak spot for purples like this! :) prettilicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - prettilicious is a fantastic word for it - I totally agree! :)

      Delete
  8. Love this purple mani! <3

    ReplyDelete