Friday, December 6, 2013

Manglaze ~ Butt Taco & Fatty’s got more blood



Manglaze  ~ Butt Taco & Fatty’s got more blood
Orange & Blood red matte polishes

Manglaze! I’ve liked them since I got to know them!

Today I’ll show you something cool I did with two of them. At least I think it’s cool, and I hope you think so too!

I started out with Butt Taco, which is a bright matte orange. The formula is great, and not at all difficult as some mattes are. The polish just glided right on! I used two coats for full opacity. Drying time is good – although don’t let this baby fool you. It looks dry easily a minute before it actually is dry! :D

And let me tell you something: I’m not into orange polishes at all, but I friggin’ love this! Let me show you what I’m talking about; here’s two coats, no topcoat:

Manglaze: Butt Taco

Is that cool or what?? Here’s another shot!


Then I decided to make sort of a dip-dye mani. I used a makeup sponge, mixed some dollops of Butt Taco with some dollops of Fatty’s Got more Blood and dapped that onto my nails. It wasn’t my intention for my nails to look the same. Here’s the result:


I have to say that I really, really like this!


You know I like things shiny, don’t you? I like shiny things so much that I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat over my mani, to see what that might look like. Take a look for yourself:


That makes the colours even more pretty in my opinion. I like how the shimmers show up so much more.


One last shot where I’m holding both of the bottles:


I have to say that I’m still loving the few Manglaze polishes I’ve got. They’re cool colours, and I love my polishes to be shiny, so I’m happy that these mattes look absolutely fabulous with a topcoat!

So – what is your verdict? Do you think this ended up being a cool mani or what?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes


You can buy Manglaze polishes from norwaynails.com, and if you like them just as much as I do, you should buy them today. They are on special today! You get 40% off if you buy them from Norway Nails - but only for a limited time, so hurry!! The offer is only valid until the next offer is up.
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here.

12 comments:

  1. I have never tried manglaze but all the swatches i have seen, show nothing but beautiful amazing shades. These two are no exception. Gorgeous! and i love what you did with them! I agree top coat makes it look shinier and even more gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only got four Manglazes and I love them all. I could easily spend a lot of money on more of them :)
      I'm glad you like the final outcome :)

      Delete
  2. Wow I like this, I think it looks gorgeous matte. And the dip dye is cool and really interesting. I like it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I must admit that I was utterly pleased with my work :)

      Delete
  3. I am in love with these polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a cool color - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the few orange polishes I actually like :)

      Delete
  5. very cool! now i wish id grabbed butt taco during their sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envy you that you can even access their sale! :)

      Delete
  6. Love it! The orange is so bright and the finish is just awesome! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orange is amazing - one of the few orange polishes I really love :)

      Delete