Sunday, December 29, 2013

NYX Advanced Salon Formula ~ Dark Glitter



NYX Advanced Salon Formula ~ Dark Glitter
Red glitters and hexagons in a blackened base

It’s been ages since I wore a NYX polish, so I figured that it was time. I chose “Dark Glitter”, which I remember buying a long time ago. I don’t know why it’s been sitting in my box of untrieds for so long.

Anyway – you can make this baby work on its own, but it does require at least three coats. I decided to layer it over black to make the red glitters pop more. This way you won’t get the same depth as you do when you use it on its own, but that’s ok for today. I started out with one layer of Essence “Black is Back”, my to go black crème polish. I haven’t taken a picture of that, because everybody should know what an ordinary black crème looks like! For anyone who doesn’t – it looks black, OK? :D

Then I applied two layers of “Dark Glitter”. It’s easy to apply and the glitters spread out effortlessly. No problems in the drying time department either. NYX is rather underrated as a brand, I think, because they do make really great polishes!

Anyway – a layer of Poshé topcoat finished the mani off – here’s the final result:


Black and red are two colours that go really well together in my opinion.


Two layers give some depth for sure. A third one would have made the glitters look like they were floating even more.


If you like black and red, then I do believe that you’ll like this polish!


One last picture:


I like this a lot! I actually think I’ll try and layer it over a dark burgundy next time, so the background isn’t “just” black.

What do you think about this? And do you like NYX as a rule, or not? 


Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10 (mainly because of its black base :))
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: No

16 comments:

  1. I like how the red glitters pop in the black - it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty, I don't know why I don't love it more than I actually do :)

      Delete
  2. I'd rate its prettiness in 10 points! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I looooove this! Gorgeous and a bit vampy I think. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this polish! Just can't understand why my bottle stands untested...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what mine has done too - for AGES! Now: One untested polish down :D

      Delete
  5. I actually originally scrolled past this post. I saw the bottle and thought it was a Lippmann(Which I don't wear). But then I realized it wasn't :P Anyways It's very pretty. I have a couple NYX but none from that line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it's true that the bottles are alike, I hadn't thought of that!
      I haven't tried a Lippmann yet, but I have a couple of bottles-I just haven't gotten around to them yet. Why don't you wear them? :)

      Delete
  6. I really like this one! I love the combination of black and red, so this is just the perfect polish for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like black and red too, but perhaps I like a little bit more red than black :)

      Delete
  7. that look absolutely stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete