Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Orly ~ Star Spangled


Orly ~ Star Spangled
Red jelly with red microglitter

I was going to a big event at work, and wanted to play it safe and classy, nail wise. So I pulled out an oldie but goodie from “In The Navy” Collection from summer 2010; namely Orly’s Star Spangled. It’s a classic red jelly packed with red microglitter. It’s related to the polishes mostly named after ruby footwear – you know which ones I’m talking about.

Anyway; the formula is really good, and so is the drying time. I started out with two coats, but remembered that last time I actually wore it, I wasn’t satisfied with what it looked like on pictures after just two coats, so I applied a third coat. And I tell you, it’s totally worth the extra coat!

I applied a layer of Quick Dry & High Shine topcoat from Catrice, and take a look at how pretty this is:

Orly ~ Star Spangled
Orly ~ Star Spangled

Isn’t that just perfect when you like glitter and still want it to be classy?

Orly ~ Star Spangled
Orly ~ Star Spangled

I added some glitter, because I think that everybody needs a little bit of sparkle in their life! I used a Revlon glitter called Stunning, which is a clear base with silver and holo glitter and hexes. I sponged that onto my tips, and sealed the whole thing off with a layer of Poshé topcoat. Here, dear girls, is the final mani:

Orly ~ Star Spangled
Orly ~ Star Spangled

And taken from a slightly different angle:

Orly ~ Star Spangled
Orly ~ Star Spangled

This was just what I wanted it to be! Yay!

Orly ~ Star Spangled
Orly ~ Star Spangled

And here are the pretty polishes:


I like to experiment, but sometimes it’s nice to play it safe, and make a mani that you just know is going to work out exactly the way you want it to.

So yes, this is a win in my book. Is it also a win in yours?

20 comments:

  1. That is indeed super pretty, like frost and snow on yoyr Christmas tips :)
    Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, it's fantastic to achieve just the look you go for :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, definitely a win. Did your colleagues like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There wasn't really anybody who mentioned it or took note of it, haha. But I felt good with it :)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! Especially with the tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! And red sparkles is always a win at christmas time, well it's alway a win actually :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have such a soft spot for red glitters, so I have a lot of them from different brands :)

      Delete
  5. ruby pumps, ruby slippers, ruby perfection. Perfect mani, i agree with knowing exactly was is going to work and this mani is proof of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - ruby perfection is a fantastic expression for how this felt :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Isn't it just! I'm so glad that I applied an extra layer. That made a whole lot of difference :)

      Delete
  7. that is really pretty! I have that Revlon glitter & have yet to use it....hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Perhaps it's about time you try that glitter ;)

      Delete
  8. I have Star Spangled too and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too much glitter for me but I do love the combo of red and silver!! This reminds me of China GLaze Ruby Pumps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's very similar to Ruby Pumps and all the other red footwear polishes out there :)

      Delete