Friday, December 13, 2013

Nubar ~ Lemon



Nubar ~ Lemon
Bright Yellow crème

It’s been a while since I wore any of my Nubar polishes. It’s not because I don’t like them - because I do! It's merely because it’s been a while since I bought any of them. I received this yellow Nubar in a grab bag from Norway Nails quite a while ago. I wouldn’t have picked a yellow myself, but hey ho, it’s nice to have at least some yellows in my stash.

Application was a big challenge. It wasn’t a surprise, since many yellows act like that. First layer was streaky and patchy and ugly. Second coat helped a little bit, but I was only happy after the third. A fourth would have made it look even better, but I wasn’t in the mood for that ;) 
Drying time between layers was good, no problems in that department. And hey – this yellow is actually pretty nice!

Take a look – here’s three coats and a layer of topcoat:


There’s a slight visible nail line, but I had stamping in mind, so I knew that would be covered up.


I had decided to stamp a bee-motif on it. You know, that pattern that looks like the inside of a bee-hive. I know I have that stamp, but I went through my plates three times and wasn’t able to locate it. Grr! So I went for a chequered design instead that reminds me of that flag they’re using in motorsports. I used stamping plate Apipila Mix and stamped with a no name black stamping polish, and here’s what it looked like before the topcoat:


The pattern was quite deep, so I’m puzzled why some of the design didn’t transfer onto the nails. But oh well.


Black and yellow together is cool, I like that.
Can anybody help with locating which plate the beehive-design is on, please?


Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Maybe

You can buy Nubar from norwaynails.com just like I did, and they're on special today! You get 25% off if you buy them from Norway Nails - but only until the next offer is up, so I wouldn't wait too long if I was you!! 
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here
Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

8 comments:

  1. Black and yellow always is a winner in my book - but then again, I guess I like yellow better than you do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this nail polish and super cool nail design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and yellow combo always make me think of bees :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :D I'm still puzzled over where my bee-hive plate is!

      Delete
  4. gorgeous combination! and that yellow is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I really liked the contrast in this mani myself :)

      Delete