Monday, December 2, 2013

L. A. Girls 3D Effect ~ Sparkle Ruby & Black illusion



L. A. Girls 3D Effect ~ Sparkle Ruby & Black illusion
Ruby & black jelly base with holographic glitter

Allow me to show you my last two L. A. Girls 3D Effect polishes. One of them has ended up being my favourite of the bunch. Can you guess which one? If not, please continue, dear reader - it will be revealed shortly!

The formula is great. It applies easily and covers really well, and two easy coats is what it takes to make these two pretties look great. Drying time between coats is good, no worries in that department.

I was lucky that the sun was shining for a short period of time. I rushed to take these pictures, so you can see how they sparkle as from within.

Take a look, girls. Here’s two coats, no topcoat:


I just love how these polishes shine and sparkle!




I decided to copy myself. I found some “fluffy” stickers I bought in Accessorize a long while ago:


I applied a heart on each of my ring fingers and a bigger heart on each of my thumbs. And then I stamped a heartbeat line on the rest of the nails, using stamping plate Mash-38 and stamped with a no name black stamping polish. I didn’t apply topcoat, because that dissolved the glue on the stickers last time I did this (oh, how I laughed!). So here you go – my final mani. The first picture is taken in daylight:



And then the sun came out again to play, hurrah!


I love this!


There was a sales assistant in Sephora that nearly swooned over this. I tried to explain the wonders of stamping to her, but even though I simplified it a lot, she looked as if she considered that it would be really difficult and not something for her. I like it when my manis get noted by people around me. It’s cool!

Oh, and in case you didn’t guess it already: It’s Sparkle Ruby that turned out to be my favourite of this collection!

Do you like this? And is it okay to copy one’s own designs or is that too boring?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you know I'm so pleased to read that! :)

      Delete
  2. Soooo cute! I wonder, how long did the stickers last?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they could have lasted for a day if it wasn't for the fact that I'm a picker. I picked it off after half a day :/

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 very pretty polishes indeed! And I really like the design, it looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG those polishes are great, look amazing together and the stickers really look great on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous manicure! I remember your previous heartbeat mani :)

    ReplyDelete