Thursday, December 26, 2013

Dance Legend Shining Rainbow ~ #11 Red



Dance Legend Shining Rainbow ~ #11 Red
“Red” scattered holographic

Dance Legend’s Shining Rainbow collection is from a while before they became really popular outside Russia. It’s a series of scattered holographics, and some of them are really nice.

The formula of #11 is the same as in the other Shining Rainbow polishes I’ve tried. It’s easy to work with, doesn’t require an aqua base, it covers well in two coats and drying time is a bit faster than average. That’s adds up to Pretty Good, I think.

Here’s what #11 looks like in direct sunshine. Two coats, no topcoat:


And a shot from a different angle:


It looks pretty cool, don’t you think? Did you wonder why I wrote “red” in quotation marks in the headline? It’s because this is red with pink – not a true red. And that’s a shame, because I don’t like it as much out of the sun - ugh! Let me show you what I’m talking about. Here’s a daylight pic, out of the sunshine:


See? It isn’t as nice, is it? I don’t think so, anyway. But I stamped on it nontheless. I used XL stamping plate H and stamped with a black no name stamping polish. I sealed the whole thing with a layer of topcoat, and here’s my final mani:


I like this a lot. The stamp doesn’t overwhelm the holo effect!


Last shot: 


It’s a shame that this isn’t as pretty in the shadow, but I think I can live with it in this case. <said the girl who didn’t want to get rid of too many holos, haha!)

Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: No, I don’t think so

6 comments:

  1. This is pretty! I got #6 from Shining Rainbow. It's darker than lavender, but not as dark as the Dance Legend site makes it look. But very pretty and nice formula. My brush may have been a bit wonky but oh well, I still got a good and neat application.. I may use my Termo Trio again and see if it will still do color change, or if the thermal properties are starting to wear out...I am very entertained by thermal nail polish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Dance Legend's formulas, I think they work well. I wasn't aware that the thermal effect would wear out from the polishes over time. Perhaps I should use mine more often while they still work then! :)

      Delete
  2. This is really pretty, but I like holo's with a bit stronger effect even better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do too. It's a nice scattered holo though :)

      Delete
  3. haha getting rid of holos? who can ever do such a thing! :) It is gorgeous but i think i like it more in the sunlight also. I think I still would wear it tho, its pretty! Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, sometimes I need to destash, but I admit that it isn't many holos that actually made it to my box of shame, hahah!!

      Delete